Starry Night Light

An easy to do project with a string of twinkle lights and a large bottle:
- 1 large bottle
- 1 string of twinkle lights
- Blue paint, black spray paint
- Black Sharpie Pens
- 1 small iron planter holder
1. Paint the outside of the jar.
2. Spray paint the top of the bottle with two or three coats of black paint.
3. Place bottle into the planter holder. Using a black Sharpie pen draw in trees all the way around the bottle.
4. Check your lights to make sure they are working. I had to, the set I used were out of my old Christmas box storage.
5. Put the lights into the bottle, leaving the plug and enough length of the electrical cord to plug into outlet.
6. Put the plug through the bottom of your bottle holder. Then place the bottle in and check it out. The more light in the room, the brighter the bottle color.
Less room light makes the blue paint more transparent.

30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations

• Angie
    Angie

Where did you find the plant holder?

• Terry
      Terry

Go to your neighborhood scrap yard, they sell stuff for 20 cents a pound! I find iron planters, table frames, chair frames, head boardes.

• Pamela
    Pamela

I don't have the huge bottle, but I don't have one, so I'm thinking of trying a smaller wine bottle or other glass jar. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a smaller scale, do you?

• Karen Dumont
    Karen Dumont

I don’t understand how the lights stay at the top by themselves? When you put them into the bottle and turn the bottle, why don’t they just fall to the bottom?

• Terry
      Terry

The reason the lights stay at the top and don't fall so easy is because the string of Christmas lights are very stiff and you can just push them up there and they'll stay.if for some reason they don't add another string of lights the more lights you have in there the stiffer it's going to get

• Anna Y
    Anna Y

I want to do this project so bad. Kicking myself for throwing away that old gallon jug that had been collecting dust all those years!!!

• Terri Morgan
    Terri Morgan

What paint is best to paint on the glass you did blue enamel can this be done with any make of paint