Grandinroad Hack - A Pallet Project

We all love to use pallet boards and so do I. What if we took a bunch of pallet boards and turned them into a wooden present for Christmas?
Step 1: Cut your pallets in between the mounted boards. This makes it easy and quick. You don't have to try and take the pallet apart.
Step 2: Cut each pallet board to 12 inches in length. Lay three boards down for one side of the box.
Step 3: Grab a piece of thin trim to use to secure to the top and bottom of the boards.
Step 4: I used a nail gun to add the trim to the three side pieces.
Step 5: Put together the other side of the box as you did the first. Side three and four will have a smaller trim to secure the pallet boards.
Step 6: Add the top boards on. Since pallet boards are all sizes, you may have to giggle the boards some. Mine had a slight over hang on the top.
Step 7: Sand slightly and get ready to paint. I dry brushed on some red paint and then dry brushed green over that. Did not have a picture of the red, but here I am putti g the green on top of the red.
Step 8: Continue to add green until desired look. Sand a little or a lot.
Step 9: Adding metal ribbon. I purchased this metal ribbon on sale. Several sizes but not much in each one.
Step 10: Paint the ribbon red on both sides. Add ribbon to box with small tacks. Bend the ribbon into a bow and secure to top of box with nails.
Step 12: I added a wooden Christmas mouse to the top.
The idea came from a magazine called Grandinroad where they have three sizes of wooden boxes for sale. The 12 inch one is $89,(my size) $129 and $189.
Grap your pallets and make some wooden presents. You can find more details on this project at http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2016/12/grandinroad-hack-pallet-project.html and more cheap decor ideas.

Eclectic Red Barn