Grandinroad Hack - A Pallet Project

We all love to use pallet boards and so do I. What if we took a bunch of pallet boards and turned them into a wooden present for Christmas?
Step 1: Cut your pallets in between the mounted boards. This makes it easy and quick. You don't have to try and take the pallet apart.
Step 2: Cut each pallet board to 12 inches in length. Lay three boards down for one side of the box.
Step 3: Grab a piece of thin trim to use to secure to the top and bottom of the boards.
Step 4: I used a nail gun to add the trim to the three side pieces.
Step 5: Put together the other side of the box as you did the first. Side three and four will have a smaller trim to secure the pallet boards.
Step 6: Add the top boards on. Since pallet boards are all sizes, you may have to giggle the boards some. Mine had a slight over hang on the top.
Step 7: Sand slightly and get ready to paint. I dry brushed on some red paint and then dry brushed green over that. Did not have a picture of the red, but here I am putti g the green on top of the red.
Step 8: Continue to add green until desired look. Sand a little or a lot.
Step 9: Adding metal ribbon. I purchased this metal ribbon on sale. Several sizes but not much in each one.
Step 10: Paint the ribbon red on both sides. Add ribbon to box with small tacks. Bend the ribbon into a bow and secure to top of box with nails.
Step 12: I added a wooden Christmas mouse to the top.
The idea came from a magazine called Grandinroad where they have three sizes of wooden boxes for sale. The 12 inch one is $89,(my size) $129 and $189.
Grap your pallets and make some wooden presents. You can find more details on this project at http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com/2016/12/grandinroad-hack-pallet-project.html and more cheap decor ideas.

Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Eclectic Red Barn