Jessica C
Jessica C
  • Stoughton, WI

Christmas Wine Bottle Craft

These pretty Christmas Wine bottles are made with recycled bottles. They are a fun project and easy to make! You will love the way they look with your holiday decor!
christmas wine bottle craft, crafts
Choose 3 or more bottles of different shapes and sizes for best effect. Soak bottles in warm soapy water for 30 minutes to remove labels. Glass color does not matter for this project, the color of the glass doesn't show after they are painted.
christmas wine bottle craft, crafts
Supplies needed: 3 wine bottles, White latex or acrylic paint, White glitter, Tacky Craft Glue, paint brush, trays for mixing.
christmas wine bottle craft, crafts
Paint the bottle with one coat of paint, let dry at least 15 minutes.
christmas wine bottle craft, crafts
For the second coat, make a mixture of half glue and half paint. Combine, paint on small sections of the bottle at a time. It dries quickly!
christmas wine bottle craft, crafts
While the paint is wet, sprinkle white glitter into the paint. Repeat covering the entire surface of the bottle. Use a disposable aluminum tray to catch the extra glitter. Let dry completely.
christmas wine bottle craft, crafts
The bottles make for a pretty display on a table top, in a planter or on a window ledge. I love them with holiday greenery, berries and pinecones. More styling ideas and tips are on the blog.
Jessica C

• Linda

Do you have to spray with a sealer to keep the glitter intact?

• Jod14307377

Will Kilz II primer create a similar effect, possibly stained with dogwood berries as I'm told not to display them on my new deck as they stain badly. I be saved root beer bottles in both glass and plastic to create something like this but thought it was too late to start this project a week before thanksgiving when finishing my porch. Oh, big part of my problem was finding a planter in suitable sizes. Whe4e did you find yours? I'm thinking I could use cardboard boxes for indoor use, but where could I get craft paint with low fumes for indoor use on the cheap?