DIY Rustic Christmas Ornaments From Scrap Wood

$3

Do you hoard scrap wood? Then I have the perfect project for you. There are so many uses for scrap wood so I pretty much hang on to about 90% of it left over from projects. It has caused marital strife. I happen to find this scrap wood dowel at my dad's who also happens to keep scrap wood...it must be genetic. These Christmas Ornaments are quick and easy to make and they add a little rustic charm to the Christmas tree.

Once I made the cuts I drilled a hole at one end large enough for the jute to fit through. If you don't own a saw ask the hardware store to make your cuts for you. Then I painted them with a flat white latex paint.

I created a stencil with my Silhouette Cameo. If you don't own a cutting machine then draw or trace the letters. I applied the stencil then I painted it with red acrylic paint.

I removed the stencil and sanded it. Then as an option I created a mixture of 1:4 black latex paint to water, applied it and wiped it off after a few seconds. This helps to pick up the sanded areas more by darkening them.

Next I added jute and little silver bells as an embellishment. It was somewhat difficult to thread the jute through the bell hook. I used a small nail to help push it though.

Here they hang on the Christmas tree.

Want to see some other Christmas projects? Then check out Thanksgiving and Christmas Kitchen Towel and Galvanized Christmas Tree . Thank you for hanging out. Come visit me below and have a Merry Christmas, Tiffany

• 3/4 inch square wood dowel
  • Paint
  • Jute

Tiffany from Dream Design DIY

• Susan

These are fantastic. I can’t wait to make them for all family members and friends. Thank you so much!! Happy holidays.

• Susan

YES!!!