Dollar Store Laundry Basket Turned Chic Metallic Rope Basket

$25

I started by attaching felt to the outside of the laundry basket with hot glue. The felt made it easy to adhere the rope to it and also acted as a liner for the inside of the basket.
Next I wrapped jute rope around the entire basket, attaching with hot glue.
I wanted an ombre effect with my metallic paint so I started with a light coating of copper metallic paint gradually building up the amount of paint I used to create the ombre effect.
I cut off the lip on the top of the laundry basket so that the rope didn't stick out awkwardly at the top.
I used the excess felt that had been overhang from the sides of the laundry basket to tuck inside of the basket to act as a liner for the basket. The felt is just tucked into the bottom, I didn't sew or glue it. It won't be seen anyway with blankets or anything else in it.
It's amazing how easy it was to create an elegant, decorative throw basket with just a dollar store laundry basket, some jute rope, felt and a glue gun! See more step by step photos and material quantities sources on my blog here: http://lydioutloud.com/2016/09/15/diy-metallic-rope-throw-basket/

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
    These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
    18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
    The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
    31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
    Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
    30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
    Lydia Nordhoff - Lydi Out Loud

• Mel
      Mel

Omg I love this..making it to put my throw pillows in.

• Joanie
      Joanie

THIS is my favorite rope basket!! It is classy!