Easy DIY Paneled Wall

This DIY paneled wall really is easy. I did it from start to finish (by myself) in one afternoon. It is a high impact project for almost nothing.
easy diy paneled wall
I decorated our guest room when we first moved in and just left it alone.
easy diy paneled wall
It was fine, but I wanted my guests to have a gorgeous space where they felt pampered. Besides changing the decor, I lightened the wall and created the DIY paneled wall.
easy diy paneled wall
I began by hanging pieces of primed (1" x 4" x 8') MDF boards horizontally. My boards weren't long enough, so I created a seam in the center of the room.
easy diy paneled wall
I hung the boards with finish nails (hitting studs whenever possible). After the horizontal boards were hung, I went back through and added the vertical boards.
easy diy paneled wall
I caulked all around the boards (which was a lot of caulking) and painted after the caulk was completely dry.
easy diy paneled wall
I painted all the walls (including the paneled wall) a pale gray and left the trim its original off-white color.
easy diy paneled wall
I love our guest room makeover and hope our guests feel well-loved (and well-pampered)!
easy diy paneled wall
To see an even more detailed tutorial, click on the link below to be taken to my blog.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 12, 2018 10:13 PM - More info
Sara @ sincerely, sara d.