Easy DIY Paneled Wall

230K Views
This DIY paneled wall really is easy. I did it from start to finish (by myself) in one afternoon. It is a high impact project for almost nothing.
  • easy diy paneled wall
I decorated our guest room when we first moved in and just left it alone.
  • easy diy paneled wall
It was fine, but I wanted my guests to have a gorgeous space where they felt pampered. Besides changing the decor, I lightened the wall and created the DIY paneled wall.
  • easy diy paneled wall
I began by hanging pieces of primed (1" x 4" x 8') MDF boards horizontally. My boards weren't long enough, so I created a seam in the center of the room.
  • easy diy paneled wall
I hung the boards with finish nails (hitting studs whenever possible). After the horizontal boards were hung, I went back through and added the vertical boards.
  • easy diy paneled wall
I caulked all around the boards (which was a lot of caulking) and painted after the caulk was completely dry.
  • easy diy paneled wall
I painted all the walls (including the paneled wall) a pale gray and left the trim its original off-white color.
  • easy diy paneled wall
I love our guest room makeover and hope our guests feel well-loved (and well-pampered)!
  • easy diy paneled wall
To see an even more detailed tutorial, click on the link below to be taken to my blog.
Sara @ sincerely, sara d.

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!