Easy DIY Paneled Wall

This DIY paneled wall really is easy. I did it from start to finish (by myself) in one afternoon. It is a high impact project for almost nothing.

easy diy paneled wall

I decorated our guest room when we first moved in and just left it alone.

It was fine, but I wanted my guests to have a gorgeous space where they felt pampered. Besides changing the decor, I lightened the wall and created the DIY paneled wall.

easy diy paneled wall

I began by hanging pieces of primed (1" x 4" x 8') MDF boards horizontally. My boards weren't long enough, so I created a seam in the center of the room.

easy diy paneled wall

I hung the boards with finish nails (hitting studs whenever possible). After the horizontal boards were hung, I went back through and added the vertical boards.

easy diy paneled wall

I caulked all around the boards (which was a lot of caulking) and painted after the caulk was completely dry.

easy diy paneled wall

I painted all the walls (including the paneled wall) a pale gray and left the trim its original off-white color.

easy diy paneled wall

I love our guest room makeover and hope our guests feel well-loved (and well-pampered)!

easy diy paneled wall

easy diy paneled wall

To see an even more detailed tutorial, click on the link below to be taken to my blog.

Sara @ sincerely, sara d.

• J.A. Hammonds

Did you upholster the headboard?

• Nana

You are so good!! I love how you pulled the delicate colors from the beautiful painting onto your bedding design.....well done its stunning. ;)

• Cindy

This looks great. Didn't you post your headboard reno? I seem to remember it.

• Bev21500602

Where did you purchase the headboard