How to Decorate a Christmas Tree With Ribbon

I have a really easy way to add ribbon to your tree. Below is a video that shows step-by-step how to decorate your Christmas tree with ribbon. But, first let me show you a few photos.
how to decorate a christmas tree with ribbon, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Cut your ribbon, or ribbons between 18" and 22" long. Cut the ends at an angle.
Fold the ribbons in half and create loops.
Using floral wire, wrap around ribbon and twist wire. Make sure you have enough wire left over to attach your ribbon to the tree.
Fold bow in half at the floral wire.
Push bow into tree and attach to the branch with floral wire. Done! I promise adding ribbon is not difficult, the video below will show you exactly what to do. Good luck! And if you have questions, just ask!

Jennifer Decorates

• Betty Stine

Thanks, your video is so helpful. I want to do this! But I get overwhelmed when I go looking for needed items. Do you have suggestions on how to make selections to keep from wasting money? Also, about how many rolls of ribbon if I use 2 different types? I want my color scheme in red, white & gold and my tree is about 7" tall. Thank you.

• Jennifer Decorates

@Betty Stine Adding picks and florals to a tree can really add up! Sometimes I choose picks that are larger, and may cost a little more, but I can snip them into smaller pieces. If you use two different ribbons, two rolls of each should give you enough to make ribbons for the tree, and a two large bows for the top of the tree. ( I make two, and place them back to back to look like one large bow) Good luck Betty! I'm sure your tree will be fabulous!

• Sandra Miller

How much ribbon should l buy? At least an estimate Sandra Miller Hanover PA

• Amy P.

I use the big spools of ribbon, my tree is 7'6", and if I'm using one color, 3 spools of 15 yard 3" wide ribbon.

• Jane

You can buy a 50 yard spool of beautiful ribbon...many choices of color, width and design...from Sam's Club for about $7.00

• Kathy

Ribbon is even better quality and cheaper at Costco.

• Diane

Your bows look stunning. You said to cut the ribbons 18 to 22 inches long for the smaller bows. What size should we cut the ribbons if we want to make the two bows on the top of the tree?

• Shirl

How long did it take to make.?

• Melinda Guy Sims

I love ur tree, but my question is where did u get ur necklace...love it!

• Kayla Ross

Check this out at www..mymagnoliandine.com/3160 for jewelry like hers

• Edith

How to make bows

• Diane Otis

I'm trying to find your video on how to make the larger bows but having no luck. Can you send me a link?

• LindaH

Are there several triangles on each side of the tree or just one big triangle on each side of the tree? I can't bring the picture up close to be able to see your tree and I can't tell from the video.

• Terri

How do I subscribe to your page? Silly question but I'm old and can't figure this stuff out. lol
  • Anna

Hello! What kind of tree is it and where can I purchase one? Thanks!

• Shirlene

Is it easier to add the ribbon before the ornaments or after?

• Margaret Le Blanc

where is the video

• Kathy LaGasse

Beautiful tree 🌲 I use fake flowers on stems to fill in holes as well. So easy to do and pretty.

Also for artificial trees put real Christmas tree branches here and there. You can pick them up free at most Christmas tree sales places. 🌲❤️👍

Curious about the door. Don’t use?

• Paula Madden

I use EZ Bowmaker and it helps to be able to measure the loops as you go.
  • Nicole Palescuk

Thank you so much! So easy to understand- never thought of all those amazing ideas.