Food Storage Container Organization Solved

$15

So I am sure we have all had some frustrations with food storage containers at one point or another. My food storage container cabinet was a stinkin' hot mess, so I decided to get a little organized. I decided to combine a couple of different methods I have seen used before. Most of these food storage container organization options can be found at a dollar store and are a great way to get it together! With

tupperware organization, organizing
Guys... this seriously wasn't staged... How sad is this madness? In my defense the lids were more organized a couple days ago, but things got moved around when I needed a bin in the back, and, well, there you have it... madness! Clearly this project was done out of necessity.
tupperware organization, organizing
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 1: Match Up All of Your food storage containers Make sure all the food storage containers you have has its matching lid... if you are anything like me you will have some random extras that can be tossed out. Some lids I found I had literally never seen. It's a little ridiculous.
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 2: Put Your Lids in the Drying Rack Once you make sure all of your food storage containers are worth keeping, it is time to start organizing! First, grab your dish drying rack. Take all of your small lids and tuck them into the cutlery drying pocket.
tupperware organization, organizing
Now take all of your other lids and place them in the plate slots. I organized them by shape and size so that I know where to look from now on!
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 3: Stack Your Food Storage Containers in Bins Now grab your bin(s) and stack your food storage containers in the most organized manner you can, and place them in the bin so they fit nicely but also in a neat manner.
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 4: Place the Rack and Bin into Your Cabinet Now tuck your bin and dish drying rack back into the cabinet in whichever order you find fitting. I live in an apartment in Brooklyn, so I don't have a ton of cabinet space to spread these out as nicely as I would like, but this is already SOOOO much better than what I had going on.
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 5: Drill Your Folder Organizer Onto Your Cabinet Door Now grab your folder organizer and a drill (and a couple screws) and secure it to the door, making sure there is clearance for the door to close without the bin hitting the items inside the cabinet. Once it is secured in place, fill it with any extra or strange shaped lids that didn't fit in the dish drying rack.
tupperware organization, organizing
Look at all that beauty! I am seriously so pumped at this simple and cheap fix!
tupperware organization, organizing
Of course you could just use several bins to store both lids and containers, but I kind of like that each lid has it's own little space.
tupperware organization, organizing
As you can see there is plenty of clearance for the door to close with the desk organizer attached.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 08, 2018 11:12 PM - More info

• Lmlahlum

I don't have nearly as much cabinet space as the OP. I had to laugh when she said she didn't have cabinet space. I am in a HOUSE and have less space. Maybe a foot square. Any ideas that will fit in really small space? Thanks, everyone

• Pr

I now buy containers that nest, with lids that snap togehter and then snap to the bottom of the containers.

And I am getting rid of every round container. They waste too much space in the fridge.

• Claudia McAfee

Great post. Seems like I've spent most of adult life trying to organize my Sister's (the cook) kitchen. Question-- Why does one have so many containers?????

• Linda Maze

I do the very same there are always left overs and the disposable plastic containers work so well for sending leftovers home with guests,and no need to return. I also keep butter dishes and whipped topping containers and any thing washable and reusable that can be sent home with someone and then tossed. I have a cabinet just for storing all disposable ones for send outs. No More sending my good Pyrex containers and not coming back to me.

• Sim31265846

What size screw did you use in the cupboard door in order for it not to show on the other side.