Food Storage Container Organization Solved

$15

So I am sure we have all had some frustrations with food storage containers at one point or another. My food storage container cabinet was a stinkin' hot mess, so I decided to get a little organized. I decided to combine a couple of different methods I have seen used before. Most of these food storage container organization options can be found at a dollar store and are a great way to get it together! With a file organizer, a dish dry rack, and a bin you too can get your food storage containers in order!

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

SUPPLIES:
tupperware organization, organizing
Guys... this seriously wasn't staged... How sad is this madness? In my defense the lids were more organized a couple days ago, but things got moved around when I needed a bin in the back, and, well, there you have it... madness! Clearly this project was done out of necessity.
tupperware organization, organizing
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 1: Match Up All of Your food storage containers Make sure all the food storage containers you have has its matching lid... if you are anything like me you will have some random extras that can be tossed out. Some lids I found I had literally never seen. It's a little ridiculous.
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 2: Put Your Lids in the Drying Rack Once you make sure all of your food storage containers are worth keeping, it is time to start organizing! First, grab your dish drying rack. Take all of your small lids and tuck them into the cutlery drying pocket.
tupperware organization, organizing
Now take all of your other lids and place them in the plate slots. I organized them by shape and size so that I know where to look from now on!
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 3: Stack Your Food Storage Containers in Bins Now grab your bin(s) and stack your food storage containers in the most organized manner you can, and place them in the bin so they fit nicely but also in a neat manner.
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 4: Place the Rack and Bin into Your Cabinet Now tuck your bin and dish drying rack back into the cabinet in whichever order you find fitting. I live in an apartment in Brooklyn, so I don't have a ton of cabinet space to spread these out as nicely as I would like, but this is already SOOOO much better than what I had going on.
tupperware organization, organizing
STEP 5: Drill Your Folder Organizer Onto Your Cabinet Door Now grab your folder organizer and a drill (and a couple screws) and secure it to the door, making sure there is clearance for the door to close without the bin hitting the items inside the cabinet. Once it is secured in place, fill it with any extra or strange shaped lids that didn't fit in the dish drying rack.
tupperware organization, organizing
Look at all that beauty! I am seriously so pumped at this simple and cheap fix!
tupperware organization, organizing
Of course you could just use several bins to store both lids and containers, but I kind of like that each lid has it's own little space.
tupperware organization, organizing
As you can see there is plenty of clearance for the door to close with the desk organizer attached.

• Claudia McAfee

Great post. Seems like I've spent most of adult life trying to organize my Sister's (the cook) kitchen. Question-- Why does one have so many containers?????

• Becky

I'm with you all. You just need containers.

• Sim31265846

What size screw did you use in the cupboard door in order for it not to show on the other side.

• John Ed Farris

One short enough to not go all the way through. Measure the thickness of your cabinet door, or use some double sided industrial strength sticky tape.

• Ver31697952

How long do you think it will stay like that ???

• John Ed Farris

My problem is I have so much crammed in, there isn't room to organize. When looking at your finished project, I'm seeing all that room over the top of the drainer basket. ;) My whole house is the same way, .....just no storage areas.

• I got one of those metal organisers for pots and skillets and my Pyrex dishes stacked perfectly in it! I also used a wire basket for my plastic containers.