Deco Mesh Christmas Wreath Using Window Pane Mesh

This wreath combines the pouf and ruffle methods to make a big, beautiful wreath perfect for a front door or over a mantel.
deco mesh christmas wreath using window pane mesh, crafts, wreaths
Here are the materials for this wreath:
15″ Lime Green Work Wreath
1-21″ Roll of Red Window Pane Mesh
2- 10″ Rolls of Deluxe Deco Mesh (one red, green, and gold striped, and one green)
2- 2.5″ Rolls of Wired Ribbon (cut to 13″ lengths) in two different prints
A variety of filler: sparkly snowflakes, presents, Christmas ball ornaments, and a big MERRY CHRISTMAS sign
Take your window pane mesh and start attaching it into the first twist of the outer ring. We are using the “pouf” method here just like you would with any 21" mesh.
Measure out about 13" for your pouf.
After measuring your pouf, gather it section in your hand and place it into the next twist.
Continue this around the outer ring, making sure your poufs are as uniform as possible. Move to the inner ring. My blog Under a Texas Sky has the details on doing this.
Take your two 10″ rolls of mesh and place one on top of the other (this way you can cut two at a time). I cut my ruffles to 12" lengths.
To make your ruffle, lay the cut mesh flat on your surface and start to gather the mesh in the middle. You’ll come up with what looks like a bow tie or a butterfly.
Cut your wired ribbon into 13″ lengths. To give it a nice finished look, “chevron” the ends. Insert the ribbons into every twist (this is why you open every twist before adding the next element. We’re really loading them up!). I stack the ribbons on top of each other and insert them both at the same time.
Finally, layer in your embellishments. I glued in some shatterproof Christmas balls, snowflakes, and lots of other Christmas-y things. I topped it off with a sparkly Merry Christmas sign.
I've included a video of me making this wreath as well. It's very detailed in case you need to see how it went as I made it. Merry Christmas!
Under a Texas Sky

• Reva

How much would this wreath cost?

• Under a Texas Sky

Reva- If I were to sell this wreath I'd likely charge between $65-$75 but I've seen wreaths like this for almost $100. I just like to price my wreaths to where people can afford them.

• Reva

How much would you sell this wreath for?

• Jennifer Hill Ferrell

about how much did all the materials cost?

• Under a Texas Sky

I am not 100% sure because I bought the materials a while ago, but the window pane mesh was likely about $14, 10” mesh for the ruffles we’re about $7 a roll (but remember you only need about half the roll so there is lots left for another wreath), the ribbon is about $7 for a 10 yrd roll and I used 2 kinds- again you don’t use the whole roll. With little ornaments and such, I’d guess the amount I actually used came to $35-$40 including the wreath form. I have bins of supplies that I buy at the end of each holiday at huge discounts so it’s hard to really know how much it costs to make. I hope this helps.

• Annette K. Damron

Your wreaths are absolutely beautiful, the best yet. But can you tell me where I can find the Window Pane Mesh, I cannot find it.

• Under a Texas Sky

Annette- Thanks so much! I know that I'd seen the window pane mesh at either Michael's or Hobby Lobby before but not sure if they still carry it. You can find it at a place called Thompson Wholesale also http://www.thompsonwholesale.com/ they have a ton of colors. Etsy Studio also has a big variety. I've never ordered from either of these places but I will since this type of mesh is so scarce!

• Brenda Joseph

Simply beautiful