Mesh Ribbon Angel

$4

Want an idea for using that mesh ribbon you have leftover and don't know what to do with? Something that doesn't involve a POUFY wreath or garland? Why not make a *Mesh Ribbon Angel*! So pretty and easy to do!
Cut 5 trapezoid-like shapes, 3'x12" and glue into cones, leaving one narrow end opening to accommodate the shank end of a ball ornament.
Fold over the edges to form cone shapes and seal with clear drying fabric glue, making sure one of the narrow openings will fit the shank end of a ball ornament. It's easier if you glue together starting at the bottom of the cone with a triangular shape forming a point and move up.
Glue ball onto one end of mesh ribbon to form main body.
Glue cones on either side of main body cone.
Cut fourth cone in half, discarding top and glue to center cone. Glue fifth cone into fourth cone, making sure to line up seams and points.
Shape a piece of ribbon into bow and glue just below base of ball. Add an elastic cord for hanging. The finished mesh ribbon angel is approximately 16 inches long.
Decorate your angel with embellishments or accessories to compliment any decor. This color reminds me of "sheer burlap" for a rustic elegant feel!
So adorable - light & airy!Imagine the possibilities making and decorating this mesh ribbon angel!

• Mesh Ribbon
  • Fabric Glue

Gail@Purple Hues and Me

• Beth Basara Bader

Having trouble with the fabric glue - sticking to me ..not mesh - Any tips??

• Tata Noble Lye

I fell in love with your craft. but can u help me on how i make the angel smaller in size for my tree ornaments. I have a 6 in x 15 yd roll of soft mesh ribbon. Thank you

• Jun31593328

Could u please post the pattern. Typically!
    • Gail@Purple Hues and Me

Yes, I added a couple of pictures of what the pattern looks like. The complete tutorial link where the pattern is shown is listed above.