DIY Shoe Storage From Old Drawer

Tired of the pile of shoes by front door or bottom of stairs? I used a large industrial sized drawer I found for free. Added wheels, painted it, instant under bench or sofa shoe storage! http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2013/11/drawer-turned-shoe-storage/
I used an old drawer I found in an industrial area. Added Wheels, oversized knobs. Hides my family's shoes perfectly!
This is what I started with. I removed the printers box, can be used for another project!
I painted the exteriors with CeCe Caldwells paint. Lined the inside with newspapers and used several coats of Mod Podge to seal them. I can easily wipe the bottom of the drawer, and the newspapers were free.
The drawer slides perfectly and fits under my Bench Made Entirely of Junque! http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2013/03/the-bench-made-entirely-of-junque-garage-doors-and-all/

Redoux Interiors

• Jaci

The shoe storage is a great idea, but I'm interested in the couch/settee you have!! What was it originally, & where did you get it? & how did you remake it? I'm redoing on the 'chea',' & I LOVE, LOVE your couch!!! TY

• Chrys Albarado

It LOOKS like it may have originally been a 🛏 frame. Obviously, I'm not the owner. But, my best friend built a small two person bench out of a baby crib. It looks very similar to the couch above. In fact, I have gathered up some 🛏 peices myself, and I am about to try to make my own version. You use the headboard (usually) for the back, and then cut the footboard into two pieces for the sides. Stick them together, and you have your frame. Then just have to do the bottom. The one above has space underneath. The one my friend made doesn't. Instead, she took an old toy box with a lift up lid and used it for the seating. So, it's a bench, with STORAGE built in. It's pretty cute. (I plan on trying to one up her. 😉 We do this a lot. Lol) But, I could be wrong. Again, I'm not the owner.

• KathyJb

Yay! Now I know what to do with those drawers we got from a bathroom tear out. (garage sale) Nice!
    What size wheels did you use?
  • Leanne

Great job, looks fantastic. Awesome! At first I thought it was a daybed.