Asked on Dec 12, 2016

I have a plethora of these! Ideas??

DBetsy WilsonB
+18

I would love some ideas on what to create with them. Thanks for all your comments and helpful suggestions but I have decided to donate all to a non profit for their craft departmen.
  • Jane Soper Blancher
    Jane Soper Blancher

It's a pretty colour and unique shape, but, even though it says 2lbs. on the side, it's difficult to judge the size of the container. Perhaps another image, please, with a ruler or common object (i.e. pencil) beside it?
  • Shawna Bailey
    Shawna Bailey

You can clean the label off with nail polish remover and build things (like a castle with them) they remind me of containers my kids use to make igloos.
  • Judy Ackerman
    Judy Ackerman

Do you have the lids for these? They make great storage bin, flower pots, portable toy boxes (going to Grandma's) , toy box for puppy or kitty. You can dress these up by put fancy contact paper on the outside or you can get spray paint for plastic. If you have the lids and are a gardener these would be a great dry place to store some gardening tools and set in a back corner of your garden.
  • Rachael
    Rachael

make holes in the bottom and use as planters for small flowers
    Janet Pizaro

blog.supplement.com/whey-protein-container-ideas/
    • B
      B

OMG! Thanks for the link. Who would have thought. I will be using my massive container for a change jar. Thanks so much for the info.
  • Birdz of a Feather
    Birdz of a Feather

If they were mine, I'd remove the metal handle and bolt the bottoms onto the wall of my studio and use them for vertical yarn storage. Hard to tell from the picture if they're perfectly square, but if there are, they'd look great connected together in a diamond formation (like the picture below). But you could use them to hold anything, really!
  • B
    B

sorry bout my photo. They are not squar. However your idea is amazing. Thank you.
  • Pat Ruge
    Pat Ruge

Check out my post on Hometalk http://www.hometalk.com/25719120/garage-storage-bins. Your request motivated me to post this just today.
  • Dolores DeLuise
    Dolores DeLuise

I would paint them or cover them in burlap and use them to store pantry items.
  • Patricia Seale-Savoy
    Patricia Seale-Savoy

Paint inside and cover outside with suede or metal contact paper add trim and use for vanity, restroom, office, or bedroom trash can. I do this with cardboard commercial ice cream tubs. I use upholstery trims. I have even used wallpaper or decoupaged old photos and newspapers to create vintage look. For these I antique them using dark paste shoe polish or gel stain.

• Dan nay
    Dan nay

You could cut the tops off about 3 inches down and place them on plywood, then pour concrete into them. As the concrete dries push colored stones into them. Makes nice stepping stones.
  • Roberta Craft
    Roberta Craft

Everyones suggestions are awesome and here's one more: make them stool seats for smaller children by placing an upholstered wood top ( staple fabric over cushion to the wood) and you can leave the colors verses spray paint them. Then donate them to schools, churches, homeless shelters, etc.
  • Gja13790775
    Gja13790775

All the suggestions are great. I'll check around town to see if I can get some of these buckets from the bakeries, etc. I'd use them in my storage shed for all my crafting and label as such.
  • Dan
    Dan

You may want to get Some Metallic Effect Paint, a Few Bungee Cords and Use them in Your Garage or Steps for Hanging Storage. Hope this Helps. Dan
  • Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion

I'd spray paint them with Fusion Paint for plastic. Looks like they would make great outdoor flower pots.
  • B
    B

I live in a condo but am going to attempt to do this to have some greenery on my lanai. Ty for the tup.
  • Betsy Wilson
    Betsy Wilson

garage storage!
  • D
    D

I have several of these containers, and would like to add the dimensions, as there is no real reference for the size in the provided photo. They are approximately 6" wide, a bit over 5" deep, and 6" tall. The top has a clip inside to store the measuring scoop that comes with the protein powder, and I am using one of the containers for powdered sugar and others for baking soda that I bought in bulk. I will probably at some point be painting them, as the purple doesn't fit into my color scheme, but for now they do the job, and the measuring scoop is an added plus.