Transforming a gallery wall into Christmas theme - wanted to share!

+10
I found an easy way to transform my gallery wall into a Christmas theme. It took a long time to get the spacing right when I first put up my gallery wall. I did not want to take down all the pictures, hang up the Christmas ones, then have to figure out how / where to place my old pictures back up. I also did not want to put multiple holes in my wall. I used the existing frames and just slapped the new picture up with sticky tack on top of the old pictures. I painted my Christmas pictures on thin plywood so they are not heavy, yet sturdy. (If you do this, you will want to be sure to paint the sides of the wood.
q transforming a gallery wall into christmas theme
This is my gallery wall 11 months of the year.
This is my Christmas wall. I need to add at least one more picture on top of the old license plate yet. I will add new things each year.
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Dec 12, 2016
    This is super creative! I love that you build on it year after year - it's going to be such a treasure as time goes on.
  • Shawna Bailey Shawna Bailey on Dec 12, 2016
    Looks great! What picture are you thinking of adding?
    • Pam Giesler Bell Pam Giesler Bell on Dec 13, 2016
      I was thinking of adding a picture of 3 snowflakes (in place of the license plate.) It would go underneath the bunny.
  • Haysha S. Haysha S. on Dec 13, 2016
    Love it!
  • Shawna Bailey Shawna Bailey on Dec 13, 2016
    Sounds adorable. And just the right amount of festive, I love how subtle your choices are.
  • Terri Terri on Dec 13, 2016
    I have taken and wrapped my pictures in wrapping papper with bows and a DO NOT OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS tag on each one.....
    The first year my nephew asked when we get to unwrap those gifts.....
    That's cute!
  • Kathi Davis Kathi Davis on Dec 13, 2016
    Love it,,
  • Barb Mailloux Barb Mailloux on Dec 15, 2016
    You could wrap a couple of the frames with Christmas wrap and bow. I have done this for a quick festive look😊
  • Patt Patt on Dec 16, 2016
    I use mainly front load picture frames......so I will take the frames down and put a piece of cute wrapping paper or the top of a decorative gift box in the frame and put it up till after Christmas......never lose your design that way.....
  • Ariel Ariel on Dec 16, 2016
    This is so great and creative! I love the subtle festive theme and the way the wall art will continue to grow over time.
    Where do you find your prints and pictures?
  • Pam Giesler Bell Pam Giesler Bell on Dec 16, 2016
    Great idea!