Candle Snuffer With Dingle Dangle Bling

I love candles but can not bear the smell when you blow them out. Not only the smell but the smoke. I never blow out candles. I light candles all year in every room especially during the holidays, so much so, my 10 year old candle snuffer finally broke apart. I went to my favorite import store, but they only had the bell snuffers not the dip and lift. So I decided to make my own. Maybe you would like to make one too. They also make nice little stocking stuffers for candle lovers.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, The Holidays are coming so Red was my color of choice
The Holidays are coming so Red was my color of choice
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, 18 or 16 gauge wire Beads Needle nose and round nose pliers monofilament fishing wire
18 or 16 gauge wire. Beads, Needle nose and round nose pliers, monofilament fishing wire.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Decide on the length you would like your handle I cut the wire at 10 inches At 2 1 14 inches from top make loop around your finger Pinch wires ends together using your needle nose pliers
Decide on the length you would like your handle. I cut the wire at 10 inches. At 2-1/14 inches from top, make loop around your finger. Pinch wires ends together using your needle nose pliers.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, String on a large hole bead to cover both the cut end of the wire and the handle end of wire
String on a large hole bead to cover both the cut end of the wire and the handle end of wire.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, String on beads to the length you want the handle
String on beads to the length you want the handle.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Make loop closure at end using round nose pliers
Make loop closure at end using round nose pliers.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, With the monofilament fishing line or beading thread make a tassel
With the monofilament fishing line or beading thread, make a tassel.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Tie tassel on securely to the loop at end of handle
Tie tassel on securely to the loop at end of handle.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Now you are ready to use your bling candle snuffer dip and lift
Now you are ready to use your bling candle snuffer dip and lift.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, With the looped end press the wick down into the wax The fire will instantly go out WITHOUT any smoke or smell
With the looped end press the wick down into the wax. The fire will instantly go out WITHOUT any smoke or smell.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, By pressing the wick down into the wax you are coating the wick
By pressing the wick down into the wax, you are coating the wick.
candle snuffer with dingle dangle bling, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Now with the opening of the loop pull the wick back up And you are ready for the next lighting Trim wick if needed
Now with the opening of the loop pull the wick back up. And you are ready for the next lighting. Trim wick if needed.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 6 comments
Next