DIY Silver Christmas Tree

Are you in the middle of decorating your home for Christmas? I keep thinking I am done, then I want to put out “just one more thing”. That’s what happened with this DIY Silver Christmas Tree.
Here’s a before and after, Can you believe the difference? Who would have thought the DIY Silver Christmas Tree would look like this when I was finished?
While I was at the thrift store last year, I was looking for a few things to decorate our cottage in the desert for Thanksgiving. Although, I really don’t like the typical orange, red and yellow colors, I thought, “Well I will get this cone tree, anyway. I will make it work.”
And for a $1 why not, right? I like blue and orange for Fall and Thanksgiving, now. So I just place the cone tree in my living room and on our front porch.
After a year has gone by, I thought. Hmmm…Why don’t I add some bling for Christmas? I had silver spray paint and LOTS of large silver and Diamond Dust glitter from Floral Craft.
Looking at it awhile, I thought I wanted a little more. How about sitting on a white urn? I couldn’t have been more pleased with this look and style.
All it took was a little creativity and some paint and glitter. Boy, I am sure glad I took the time to create a new piece for our Christmas decorations.

• Mod Podge  (Amazon)
  • Large Glitter  (Amazon)
  • Diamond Dust  (Amazon)

Meegan