Cheapest & Easiest DIY Drop Cloth Curtains

No Sew Curtains. All you need is a washing machine & dryer and a Iron. The end result is good quality curtains that hang nice due to the weight of the fabric and best yet? They're 15/Canadian a Panel OR 10/US A Panel!
I’ve literally seen these drop sheet curtains everywhere. My farmhouse heart wanted to try these months ago but we were in the midst of moving and all the other things we’ve gone through in the last few months, I just didn’t have time. This weekend we had a MASSIVE snow storm. We received over 16 INCHES of snow and we were literally snowed in. It warmed up a bit today to +1 so the snow on the roads melted so we were able to go to the store.
I finally decided to take on the easiest drop sheet curtains. I mean, It’s literally the easiest so I have no idea why I didn’t do it months ago. I bought my curtain rods from here for pennies and my curtain rings from here & the super adorable farmhouse curtains are from here.
Here’s how my room looked pre-curtains. Also, please don’t judge my ultra small rug. My OCD self is so bugged by the fact that my sofa and chair can’t sit on the rug. We sold our old bigger rug as it didn’t jive with the space, so we’re saving for this rug and in the meantime we are using this tiny little rug to warm up the space.
I started off by throwing them in the wash because when you first buy them they’re super starchy and it feels like an entirely different fabric. I also threw in some laundry detergent to give them a yummy smell and then threw them in the dryer and dried them until they were completely dry.
Next step is ironing them. I mean, you could totally skip this step if you love a grungy, unkept look, but I wanted something more kept. I gave the curtains a quick iron and flipped the tops over 2 feet. I know some don’t like the look of the 2 feet of fabric hanging from the top, but I feel like that makes these curtains.
I literally searched for curtains for over a year in the last house and every time I bought a pair it just didn’t look good with my room. I love how heavy the fabric of these drop sheets are, so it hangs so pretty.
Here’s how they look all hung and pretty. I’ve to be honest. I didn’t watch the other two panels because I didn’t want to waste 50 dollars if they didn’t turn out. So the other window is currently not dressed yet.
Do you love them or hate them? I’m so in love with them. Every time I do a DIY project that includes scissors I am very nervous. I’m not crafty at all. I might be good with paint and able to restore an old piece, but I am not crafty. So if I can do these super easy drop sheet curtains, so can you!
I had to iron the first two panels three times, so make sure you dry them extra good. Second pair ironed a lot easier.
I would LOVE if you subscribed to my blog. Almost everything you see in these photo is built, DIY'd or salvaged!
Thanks for the read - please visit blog for links to products.
Jess xo

• Drop Sheets  (Home Depot)
  • Curtain Rod  (Amazon)
  • Curtain Clips  (Home Depot)

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Jessica-Sara Morris

• Lisa Albert
    Lisa Albert

How did you put in the curtain clips ? No sewing at all on these curtains ?

• Kcc10446233
      Kcc10446233

Love it. I have done this is in two of my homes to cover sliding patio doors. Great idea flipping material over the top. I didn't think to do that I raised my curtain rod until reached a height I loved. Everyone think they are store bought. I even bought some large natural rope at home depot to use as tie backs.

• Donna
    Donna

Did one package age make 2 panels or was it one package Each? I’m sure it depends oN the size of window, ours are a long 84“ and I believe inside is 34”. Funny part, I have been looking for drapes and was thinking about trying Your idea. Yours are beautiful Perhaps stencil some flowers or something. I’m a great procrastinator but if I ever get it done illl post a picture. Thanks again.
  • Jane
    Jane

Can the drop cloth be dyed ? How difficult would it be?

• Eva Snell Rubin
      Eva Snell Rubin

My question as well. Looking for a medium dark grey. If they can be dyed, would u use grey dye or black and watch the color?