Remedy for Wallpaper Nightmare!

$175.00

We tried to remove wallpaper for years! We couldn't just paint over it and redoing the drywall was out of the question.
We used 8" strips of wood cut from 1/4" underlayment and painted white to get the shiplap look. My husband liked the wood but I wanted it white.
This was our first DIY project but couldn't be happier with the results!
Some gaps are a bit wider than others but I feel it adds character! I included some project pictures.
What a nightmare!
This was when we finally gave up on trying to remove the paper! Trust me we tried it all.
Corners were not a concern. Added 1/4 round.
We tried to space using coins but it wasn't always perfect. I think it added character! We started at the top and worked our way down completing one wall before moving on. We used liquid nail on the back and tacked down with paneling nails.
Perfect to us!
After hanging all the wood we added 1/4 round to corners and trim to top and bottom. We painted white and done! No more wallpaper!
Wall from first picture.
May not be perfect but much better than the wallpaper lurking behind the wood!

• Thin underlayment.  (Home Depot)
  • Behr Premium Ultra white paint  (Home Depot)

• Teri Bliven

What is the thin underlayment for?

• Could you please tell me how to remove the popcorn ceiling in thing that what you call it please help

• Kristine Kelley Bailey

Always find out first if your popcorn ceiling has asbestos content before you try to remove it. There is a method of a scraper attached to a shopvac hose that sucks up the material while you are scraping, saving a huge mess from dropping to your head and floors.
  • Teresa Kelley

What is Durabond? How does it work? I'm in Desperate need of wall repair due to old wallpaper in practically every room causing sheetrock damage! HELP Please THANKS