Ari Goldberg |  VivaLasDiy
Ari Goldberg | VivaLasDiy
  • East Taunton, MA

Chevron Dining Table

My Dad recently gutted and redid his entire kitchen and it looks AMAZING. After a couple weeks of searching for the perfect dining table, he was unable to find anything that matched their style! Sounds a little like me, doesn’t it?? Runs in the family apparently!
So needless to say... he called on the Viva experts (Jason and me, duh) to design and build the perfect table! Ahhh our first real client!!
chevron dining table, painted furniture
We purchased the legs from Osborne Wood, which matched the style of the kitchen perfectly! We used these legs and homemade table skirts to create the base of the table.
The skirts were attached to the legs with some pocket holes, screws, and a few extra blocks to make sure they didn't wobble.
chevron dining table, painted furniture
Next, use 1x2's to create a frame for the Chevron tabletop. These dimensions will be the final dimensions of your table!
chevron dining table, painted furniture
Then, add a spine down the middle of your frame. You will use this spine to attach the Chevron pieces.
chevron dining table, painted furniture
Using a piece of 1x5 pine board, miter one end to 45degrees. Line this up with the frame's spine and mark where the uncut end needs to be cut. Trust me, cutting one side and marking the other is muuuuch easier than racking your brain to figure out the measurements of each chevron piece.
Attach each chevron piece to the spine and the outer edge of tabletop frame with glue and nails – the small nail holes in the frame can be filled and stained later – You won’t even notice them later, trust me!
Continue this process until you have completed the chevron top. If you want to see more pictures on how to create your tabletop, head over to my pub table build. It follows the same process!
chevron dining table, painted furniture
Affix the tabletop to the table's base. For detailed instructions on this step, visit our full blog post here.
Now that your table is assembled, paint the legs with a few coats of paint. Once fully dried, apply Polycrylic for protection.
As for the top, stain with Minwax Ebony stain. Then, apply a few coats of Polyurethane.
After everything is fully dried, step back and admire your new table!!
chevron dining table, painted furniture
chevron dining table, painted furniture
For more detailed instructions, cut lists, and dimensions.. visit our blog at Vivalasdiy.com!

• Wood
Ari Goldberg |  VivaLasDiy