Deco Mesh Swirl Flower Wreath Tutorial

$25

Full Tutorial Video Link

This tutorial is for my single petal deco mesh flower technique in a swirl pattern finished with a ribbon rose in the center. The finished wreath is approximately 26 inches in diameter.

Materials needed:

Cutting Mat

Rotary Cutter

Pipe Cleaners

Scissors

10 inch box wire wreath frame

Deco mesh of your choice (10 inch x 30 yards)

Center of your choice

I used 3 deco mesh colors on this wreath - Burgundy, Orange, and Gold. I cut 30 10x10 inch pieces of each color for a total of 90.

The outer ring has 30 petals, 10 of each color

The second ring in has 25 petals, 8 each of the burgundy and orange, and 9 of the gold

The third ring in has 20 petals, 6 of the gold, and 7 each of the burgundy and orange

The fourth ring in (center ring) has 15 petals, 5 of each color

Video tutorial shows step by step how to make this wreath.

• Deco Mesh
  • 10 inch box wire wreath frame (4 rings)
  • Pipe Cleaners

• TrishR

Am I missing something? The directions go from placing braided mesh glued to the cardboard on the wreath form to seeing a picture of the finished product and you saying that the mesh will fray so spray it with glue. I don't see instructions on how and where to cut the braid to get the flower. Or is that what you do? If I've missed it somewhere, please let me know. It's absolutely beautiful, so I'd like to give it a try. Thanks!

• The15961911

Do you offer a tutorial for the "Sunflower Poof Wreath"? It's gorgeous and I've searched, but couldn't find it.

• The15961911

I searched Pinterest and found something similar - thank you for answering, though.

• Karen Merritt3

Beautiful job! Each time I've used it unraveled terribly. How do you keep it from unraveling?
    • Karen

Cut mesh outside with a soldering iron. DO NOT cut indoors. Mesh melts back on itself and frays a lot less when cut with One lady shows cutting it with a bag sealer. I bought an expensive sealer off and still could not get it to cut all the way thru. You can get a soldering for less than $15.

• Tia Hauck

Beautiful! Your instructions are understandable, too!!! I never exactly knew how this was done...thank you for sharing!!! I’ll hv to give it a try!!!👍🏼

• Cla1402935

Angel making