Organized Clutter
Organized Clutter
  • International Falls, MN

Re-purposed Thrift Shop Picture Frame CHRISTMAS TREE

If you are a regular at thrift shops and garage sales, you will inevitably find photo frames, cheap prints in great frames and even empty frames. I always snatch them up for projects, especially larger frames. See how I transform four frames into a Christmas tree for holiday decorating.
re purposed thrift shop picture frame christmas tree
These are the frames I used for my project.
First I painted two of my frames with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Amsterdam Green, one in Dutch Boy Chalky Finish Paint in Antiquated White, and one in ASCP in Honfleur. (Brown)
After painting, I wet distressed the frames with a damp terry rag. The one on the left is not distressed yet and the one on the right has been wet distressed.
I attached the frames from the back and added a star. I hung my tree from a door in my living room.
My blog post has full details on how I attached the frames for my Christmas tree.
Organized Clutter

• Gj livingston

What size are all the picture frames in the tree made w frames. Replyto livingstonpitt@hotmail.co

• CJ

Hi Lollieandray! Of course you can decorate your project any way you want! Have fun and Merry Christmas!

• Lori

What is wet distress??

• Nur31940353

grea job 0Our immainaton will take us a long way.
      I read; our brai is like a parachute if you are willing to learn open it. If not knowledge will be lost.

• Colleen Jackson

It's very cute. I'd add some chicken wire and mini clips for Christmas cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Sandra Smith

I love it! Practically FREE! And I love the character of the distressed frames. I have been collecting frames for decades and now I can put them to a wonderful use! Thanks for sharing. Sandra