DIY Christmas Pillow Cover

I love to decorate our home around the holidays ! But Christmas decor can be pretty expensive, not to mention difficult to store. This year I decided to make custom pillow covers for the Season to match the colors in our home.
diy christmas pillow cover
First I made a simple pillow cover out of some scrap linen that I already had left over from another project, with an envelope closure in the back. It will fold and store flat not in use.
Next I printed out the letters on to heavy card stock to use as my pattern.
diy christmas pillow cover
And cut them out of navy fabric that would coordinate well with our bedding.
diy christmas pillow cover
I used a hot iron to press both the letters and the linen pillow cover BEFORE I adhered them to my cover. This allowed me to center the letters and the steam held them in place until
I was ready to glue them. I used hot glue to hold them in place once I centered the letters on the cover.
diy christmas pillow cover
I had a hard time finding navy felt so I used regular fabric instead. The felt would have added more texture though.
diy christmas pillow cover
This was soooo easy! I love how it brings a little holiday touch bro our bedroom! Now that I think about it the possibilities are endless!
You can see the complete tutorial here:
http://ajunkchicklife.blogspot.com/2016/12/an-easy-christmas-pillow-cover.html?m=1

• Fabric. Hot glue, printer, card stock, iron,
Paige @ southerncurated