Christmas Boxes / Kitty Cat Condo

$0

We have a lot of new / young and energetic pets in our house. So this holiday season I have modified a lot of our Christmas decorating to make it as pet friendly as possible. We opted not to put up the tree this year as it would be in grave danger from all the four legged house hold members. Not to mention that it might also put our furry friends in danger.
I put up a few decorations but there was
christmas boxes kitty cat condo
But you can't have just one Christmas present by itself even if it ins't a real gift. Or maybe it is. The cats seem to like it.
Any way I had more boxes and more wrapping paper so.....
I repeated the steps a few more times.
christmas boxes kitty cat condo
Cut hole(s) in box.
christmas boxes kitty cat condo
Wrap box.
christmas boxes kitty cat condo
Cut hole(s) in wrapping paper and tape to secure.
christmas boxes kitty cat condo
Connect boxes with more tape. Repeat as desired.
I ended up making 3 sections with two boxes each.
christmas boxes kitty cat condo
Happy Holiday!
If you like upcycling and would like received email notifications on other projects and news from the LAB, please follow the link below to subscribe to the Upcycled Design Lab email list.

• Empty boxes
  • Christmas Wrapping Paper
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Tammy Rish

I saw a similar idea on the Facebook page of "Cole and Marmalade". Their owner made a big corner pyramid of decorated boxes with strategic holes for them to climb up and through the "tree". I would skip the ribbon. One of my girls loves to eat ribbon, string, thread, etc.. One tummy surgery on her was enough. Love the idea.

• Susan Rogers Garton

I make temporary kitty condos with boxes. I glue them together. I get a lot of boxes from online shopping. I don't cover them with paper though. But I will now. Usually I just let them tear them up for a week and throw them out but this is so much cuter.