Sumetha
Sumetha
  • Mays Landing, NJ

Holiday Lights / Yard Lights

Holiday/Yard lighting with small tree branches or twigs. easy project.
twig x mas lights, gardening
Some branches on my Japanese Maple Tree died few years ago, and finally I got a chance to cut down the branches. I liked the way they looked, so I have decided to preserve them by painting with white outdoor paint. Note: I dont think pine or oak branch will last outdoors, they tend to break easily. .
twig x mas lights, gardening
I used a regular black plastic pot and place the branch inside.
twig x mas lights, gardening
Added Half a bag of cement and added some water. Held it in place for few minutes. I let the cement dry over night and painted the branches with exterior white paint and wrap the lights on the branches. I am making 20 of them to line up my long drive way. You can add ornaments if you want. but it looks nice as it is. I decorate my yard with all kind of color lights every year. I thought of keeping it simple with clear lights this year.
twig x mas lights, gardening
twig x mas lights, gardening
Here is a close up pic.
twig x mas lights, gardening
twig x mas lights, gardening

• Tree Branch  (Back yard)
  • White outdoor pain  (Home Depot)
  • 100 clear String lights  (Walmart)

• DEBORAH BYRD

Lights- battery? Solar? These are really beautiful!

• Sumetha

I used electric lights. 100 lights for 2 dollars at Walmart. It may go on sale after the holidays.

• Sumetha

i agree, but dont think it will put out enough brighness and wont last for long time. I did a project with one, the light was not very bright and it went off within 3 hours

• Lyn17768261

I will try this in my backyard for Summer. I love decorating for every season