Christmas Paper Bag Snowflakes In 5 Minutes

Aah, 'tis the season to eat, drink, be merry and stumble into the local shop to get yourself a paper bags. Or be frugal and use old ones you already have! Just me? I know I'm not alone.
As I promised in my Christmas home tour here, today I`m sharing this giant, cute paper bags holiday snowflakes. I must say, this project is so simple and quick, you just need to try it! Believe me, you`ll be done in less
christmas paper bag snowflakes in 5 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
1. 8 or 9 bags per star.
2. A glue stick ( make sure it really sticks)
3. Scissors
4. Hole puncher
5. Ribbon or twine
Draw a "T" shape with glue on the first bag.
Glue the next bag on top.
Repeat until you use all the bags.
Cut the open side of the bag into a point.
If it`s to hard to cut it all at once, cut through a few layers and then cut the rest.
It will end up looking like a little house.
Now cut some triangle shapes into the sides (one, two or how many you like).
Unfurl!
Glue together two ends to complete your master piece! You can also use a washi tape to glue it together. This way you can fold it after the holidays and store it for next time.
With a hole puncher make a hole, put the ribbon or twine and hang it! Enjoy your giant snowflakes!
What do you think about this easy project holiday decor? If you love it like me, I`d love to hear about your favorite seasonal projects!

• Paper bag
Vesna Gavrilovic - Home Chic Club

• Liz Weilacher

I really like your project, a lot! Do you suppose the snowflakes could be painted, specifically, spray painted? Merry Christmas!

• Carey

If you want to color the bags, you could use a dye before you glue them and allow them to dry. Ink pads could be used to color them marker pens could be used as well. Then after they are dry, make your beautiful star!

• Mary Hofstra

I'm SO CONFUSED!!! So can you use regular lunch bags, the kind that when opened up, are flat on the bottom, or not??? I keep reading that you have to use flat bags. Then someone asks where to buy them and answers are usually that you can buy these "lunch" bags at Walmart. When I think of a "lunch" bag, I think of the kind that have the flat bottom when you open them. I may just try it with the "lunch" bags I have and hopefully won't just be wasting 8 bags! Thanks and Happy New Year!

• Carey

I haven't received those kind of bags around here for many years. Everything is now plastic or the big grocery bags, and smaller "lunch bag's with the flat bottom. I will have to watch for them now.

• Jeansdreams

So sorry did you glue the bottom i.e. the top of the bags?

• Jeansdreams

I would love to do this. Can you tell me exactly where you glued each bag to the next and are all pieces if the bags glued.

• Place your bag with the open side on the bottom and made a "T" with a glue ( one horizontal line on the top and one line in the middle from the top to the bottom of the bag). Repeat with all the bags, putting next on top of the previous. Last bag you can glue like others or with a washi tape. If you use tape, you can fold your star and use it again next time you need it. Hope this was helpful.

• Glenda

I got white lunch bags from Walmart and have just made one of these. Very easy, except cutting out the points and the triangles. That was very difficult. When I finished and opened it up, all the bags did not expand. I plan to try it again with fewer bags to give it more room to expand. I think it's a very neat project and I hope I can get mine perfected.