Potato Print Tea Towels

$10

If you're looking for the perfect handmade gift this holiday season (or for any occasion) these stamped tea towels make the perfect gift! The best part? They are budget-friendly and are made using a potato stamp! We're also sharing a fool-proof method to create the perfect stamp pattern in your potato. Bye-bye carving! We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers.
potato print tea towels, bathroom ideas, gardening
SUPPLIES: - Potato (round is always better) - Knife - Tea Towel - Mini cookie cutter - Ink (fabric-safe) - Cutting Board
Step 1: Cut your potato Using a large knife, cut your potato in half width-wise. Ensure the surface is large enough to fit a cookie cutter.
Step 2: Push in the cookie cutter Now comes the fun part! Using cookie cutters, you can create a perfect design every time. No more hand carving with a knife. This is also a great way for older children to participate safely. Place the cookie cutter in the center of the potato. Press the cutter at least 3/4" into the potato.
Step 3: Cut away the potato Using a knife, cut 1/2" of the potato away from the cookie cutter. Remove the excess slice of the potato away and pull off the cookie cutter.
You're left with a beautiful cut-out, ready for stamping.
Step 5: Place it in the ink Place your potato stamp in the ink. Remember to use fabric-safe ink, which contains dye-based ink. This will ensure you can wash it safely without the ink transferring to other items. If you're working on white tea towels, you can select any color of ink you'd like. Have fun with it!
Step 6: Stamp away! Create any type of pattern you'd like. You can use several different types of potato stamps to mix and match patterns and create new designs.
And, we're done! These potato-stamped tea towels were so simple to make, budget-friendly and make great gifts. The possibilities are endless. Happy stamping!
Processing...

• Potato  (Stop & Shop (on-hand))
  • Knife  (on-hand)
  • Tea Towel  (Target)

• Barb

Are they washable in washing machine

• Delores

It's also A Good idea to wash and dry the towels before stamping to remove any chemicals or coatings that would interfere with the ink being permanent.

• Helen Bouslaugh

Inspired wholeheartedly! Thank you for reminding me of this technique and I already have 5 dozen tea towels I was going to embroider for daughters, it would take a year or more! This will speed the process of getting them out of the closet tremendously and my Grandson can do a set for Mom! With green tractors!
    Gotta go get those towels off shelf - christmas will be here before I know it. Thanks again!

• Sco19943475

I plan to do this with my grandsons to make Christmas gifts for their parents. Kids usually love crafting.