DIY With Caitlin
DIY With Caitlin
  • San Diego, CA

How to Hang a Rug With a Dollar Store Belt

$20

Learn how to transform an inexpensive thrift store leather belt into a professional looking wall hanging. This project costs under $15!
how to hang a rug with a dollar store belt, how to, reupholster
For this project you'll need: Leather Belt (Check out thrift stores! I got mine for $1) Wooden Pole Wood Stain Drill Scissors Dry wall anchors Level
Stain your pole and leave in a sunny place to dry.
Cut your belt into two equal pieces and fold each piece in half.
Make sure you have two even pieces.
Drill through both sides. Drill two holes in each piece. Make sure your two holes are in the same location on each piece of belt, otherwise it will be harder to hang it level!
This is the only tricky part of the whole project, make sure your belt loops are hung level. No one wants a crooked wall hanging! I used two dry wall anchors on each side, which was probably over kill...but I am sleeping below this and didn't want it to bonk me in the head in the middle of the night.
Make sure you're either mounting into a stud or using the appropriate dry wall anchors.
Hang your pole through the two loops and slide your rug over.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel! for more sweet DIY projects. **Update: thanks everyone for the kind comments and subscribes. That's really made my day.

Looking for other fun DIY projects? Check this other video out!
DIY With Caitlin

• Mary

I am a rag rug weaver and have had rugs hanging in various places for years. I use old wooden mop and broom handles with the mop or broom cut off. No staining or painting. I think the quthor forgot to mention that the fug needs to be sewn or basted to make a tube at the fold so that it won't slip off the stick or rod. You can also use a row of big safety pins on the back of the fug to hold the flap in place.

MEJ in Ohio

• Brenda

The pin idea is Awesome thanks for the tip