How to Hang a Rug With a Dollar Store Belt

$20

Learn how to transform an inexpensive thrift store leather belt into a professional looking wall hanging. This project costs under $15!
For this project you'll need: Leather Belt (Check out thrift stores! I got mine for $1) Wooden Pole Wood Stain Drill Scissors Dry wall anchors Level
Stain your pole and leave in a sunny place to dry.
Cut your belt into two equal pieces and fold each piece in half.
Make sure you have two even pieces.
Drill through both sides. Drill two holes in each piece. Make sure your two holes are in the same location on each piece of belt, otherwise it will be harder to hang it level!
This is the only tricky part of the whole project, make sure your belt loops are hung level. No one wants a crooked wall hanging! I used two dry wall anchors on each side, which was probably over kill...but I am sleeping below this and didn't want it to bonk me in the head in the middle of the night.
Make sure you're either mounting into a stud or using the appropriate dry wall anchors.
Hang your pole through the two loops and slide your rug over.
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel! for more sweet DIY projects. **Update: thanks everyone for the kind comments and subscribes. That's really made my day.

Looking for other fun DIY projects? Check this other video out!

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer

• Stefanie Spinks

I love this idea. I have several antique and vintage quilts and linens. Some from my Great-Grammy and some from my hubby's Granny. This is a different way to create a display for them and would allow me to rotate them as well. Thanks!

• Shirley Barnett

Yes, this is exactly what I've been looking for in my bedroom. I have no headboard (by choice) and I love this idea. Thanks for sharing, you solved my problem.