Mona  ~ Craft Klatch
Mona ~ Craft Klatch
  • Barrington, IL

Wood, Resin and Glitter Christmas Ornaments | DIY Project | Craft Klat

Recycling items is a great source for craft supplies. Toilet paper rolls are a staple for crafting, but I wanted to try and give it a little bit of a different twist.
You can see how it was made in the video below:
This project was part of a Craft Challenge between myself and Suzy from Suzy's Sitcom. We had a lot of fun doing it! We went in very different directions, but I think both turned out beautifully.
I went untraditional colors and came up with a Frosty Star, as you saw above. Suzy went with traditional colors and created a beautiful Christmas Tree Napkin Ring. I love it! If you want to see how Suzy's turned out, be sure to click on the link at the end of this post.
Craft Challenge Recap:
1. This was a challenge between Craft Klatch & Suzy's Sitcom.
2. Theme: Christmas
3. Must Use Items: Buttons & Toilet paper rolls
4. Optional Items: Glue, Tape, Glitter, Gemstones, Mod Podge, Paint
Highlights:
wood resin and glitter christmas ornaments diy project craft klat, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
You need toilet paper rolls.
I created a template. I explain the how and whys in the video above, so be sure to check it out!
Cut out the toilet paper rolls.
Tape it all together.
You need round inserts.
Paint the star and add buttons to the inserts.
Glitter it up!
Put it together!
There are definite tips and tricks to help it work out more smoothly, that you can find in the video and the linked post. You are sure to wow your friends and family with your creation!
Be sure to check out Suzy's project in the link below!

Mona  ~ Craft Klatch

1 comment