How To: Clean a Mattress

$3

Did you know that you should and can clean a mattress? I sure didn't but when I cleaned it...the results were great. It was super easy and quick.
how to clean a mattress, cleaning tips, Step 1 Gather your supplies You will need a measuring cup and baking soda
Step 1: Gather your supplies. You will need a measuring cup and baking soda.
how to clean a mattress, cleaning tips, Step 2 Pour two cups of baking soda over mattress Make sure to gently spread the baking soda over the entire mattress surface Let it sit for one hour
Step 2: Pour two cups of baking soda over mattress. Make sure to gently spread the baking soda over the entire mattress surface. Let it sit for one hour.
how to clean a mattress, cleaning tips, Step 3 Use a brush attachment on your vacuum to pick up all baking soda residue
Step 3: Use a brush attachment on your vacuum to pick up all baking soda residue.
how to clean a mattress, cleaning tips, Step 4 Enjoy your fresh clean mattress
Step 4: Enjoy your fresh/clean mattress.
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• S

what does the powder do?

• Spartychic

Won't this powder clog the filters in your vacuum cleaner? I believe the same for "carpet fresh". It's not good for your vacuums.

• Ms. Bonnie

As a house keeper, I use the Shark Professional vacuum. It has a canister instead of a bag. Just vacuum the bed off and then dump the canister and rinse it out. Take the filters and rinse them as well. You've just done a double action job. The filters now have been cleaned due to the baking soda being in them and it will not smell when left to dry properly! You can even use a garment bag and lightly dry them in your dryer or set them on the porch out of direct sunlight. NEVER use bleach on the filters!

• Dar28624577

Can do this on foam?