How can I get spray paint off my hands?

+94
I LOVE spray paint projects. My problem: the cleanup!
How can I get spray paint off my hands after crafting?
Thanks!!
q how can i get spray paint off my hands, painting
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Dec 20, 2016
    WD 40,mineral spirits or nail polish remover
  • Carolann Carolann on Dec 20, 2016
    Coconut oil and baking soda. Just a little bit of coconut oil and baking soda mixed together and rub it on your hands and rinse off. Your hands will smell really nice also. Hope it helps!
  • Teddie Spencer Teddie Spencer on Dec 20, 2016
    Mess Master you find it in the spray paint section, I pick it up at Michael.
    I owned a flower shop for many years this is the best thing you can get, multiple uses for this produc.

• Cathy Murphy Cathy Murphy on Dec 20, 2016
    If you can remember to put some oil or even lotion on your hands first the paint will come right off with a little dish soap and salt (or sugar if you have any open cuts or scratches). I know this, but almost never remember to do it. I have a jar of homemade sugar scrub by the sink for when I forget.
    • Florida Beachpotato Florida Beachpotato on Dec 20, 2016
      Also use shaving cream rubbed into the hands first. Works like a charm. Or Clean with baby oil later, smells great.
  • Linda Young Linda Young on Dec 20, 2016
    Prevent by using rubber gloves or coat hands generously with hand lotion. I use the lotion all over my arms when doing regular painting. I tend to "get into" my projects.
  • Peter Kovak Peter Kovak on Dec 20, 2016
    Thinner will also help.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Dec 20, 2016
    Thank you so much everyone! WD40 took it off like a magic eraser!
  • Andrea Andrea on Dec 20, 2016
    Nail polish WITH acetone works great!
  • Punxxi Punxxi on Dec 20, 2016
    wear gloves
  • Beckie Beckie on Dec 20, 2016
    WD40 followed by Dawn dish soap.
  • Melody Melody on Dec 21, 2016
    just wear throwaway latex gloves then you don't need the chemicals
  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Dec 21, 2016
    I am always covered in paint and I hate to wear rubber gloves when I do projects. At the end of the day, I soak my hands in warm soapy water and use a small brush (toothbrush, vegetable brush, etc.) and scrub off the paint under the water and soap. It works and will get off your "war paint", as I like to call it! Here's a recent photo of my legs after painting all day!
  • Paulette P Paulette P on Dec 21, 2016
    I love it, you go gurly. Life is grand isn't it?

• Angela J Angela J on Dec 21, 2016
    I use coconut oil to clean up the paint that gets on me.
  • Roger Roger on Dec 21, 2016
    Go to Harbor Freight, buy a box of nitrile disposable gloves, 100 count for under $7. No muss, no fuss, excellent for any kind of crafting, around the house, etc. Good luck.
  • Ruby  Yoder Ruby Yoder on Dec 21, 2016
    I use Hair Conditioner , not only on my hands but to clean the paint brushes. If I'm going to use the brush later I rinse the brush in conditioner , leave a little on ,put the brush in a zip-lock bag, keeps the brush soft.

• Big Mike69 Big Mike69 on Dec 21, 2016
    As a experienced painter I used to put Vaseline on hands and face before painting and just wipe the paint off when done.
  • Holly Hecker-Pupo Holly Hecker-Pupo on Dec 21, 2016
    I use acetone and the orange scrub soap. Just make sure you use moisturizer after. You might also be able to find the right fitting gloves. I know they make doing some things more clumsy but if they fit right they shouldn't.
  • Canadianlady Canadianlady on Dec 21, 2016
    I do a lot of crafting myself, and I use ink sprays, which are very difficult to remove. I keep a large box of latex gloves, that I picked up at a dollar store, and I use them for my messier projects. I also keep baby wipes handy, and use them often on my stained hands. Sometimes, you need bare hands for fine work, though, and you just have to live with the mess. A good soak in a tub will help.
  • Susan Susan on Dec 21, 2016
    I'm with Big Mike. Helps to slather on lotion before you start. Get a bunch UNDER your nails so that your nails come clean afterwards.
  • Neva Gray Neva Gray on Dec 21, 2016
    Try baby oil before washing with soap and water. Also rub baby oil into your hands before starting projects especially around nails. If you are staining a project rub shaving cream on hands and forearms before beginning. washes off easily.
  • Nan Nan on Dec 21, 2016
    dah... use disposable gloves!
  • Pinksuit2 Pinksuit2 on Dec 21, 2016
    Goop- works great. Put it on and rub well. Rinse with warm water.
  • Dol12120254 Dol12120254 on Dec 21, 2016
    Avon Skin So
    Soft body oil works wonderfully
  • Kathy Hord Kathy Hord on Dec 21, 2016
    I like to use the "scrubbies" I buy at craft shows( I can't crochet). They make them out of Tulle. They are great for crafters. I have ones for my hands and also ones for my kitchen
  • MadameRã MadameRã on Dec 22, 2016
    •Have you tried non acetone nail varnish remover, then baking soda with rock salt (half measures of each)... this takes of the final bits & also the odour.
    M.Ra👁
  • Lestoil ! The best it can't go wrong at all **
  • Carmel Cornelia Lalo Carmel Cornelia Lalo on Dec 22, 2016
    Wear gloves!
  • Joan Joan on Dec 22, 2016
    If you don't have disposable gloves, put a plastic grocery bag over your hand and tie it at the wrist keeping it loose enough to hold the sprayer and the can. Works in a pinch!
  • Ro11731 Ro11731 on Dec 22, 2016
    Try nail poish remover.
  • Pamela Pamela on Dec 22, 2016
    Regular blue Dawn dishsoap. GOOF OFF. Nail polish remover, with acetone works best on paint. If you have a "garage inclined male" around, he probably has Orange GOOP in the garage to try.
    All with a nail brush.
    If you don't have gloves use gallon bags or shopping bags.
  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Dec 22, 2016
    Every crafter and cook needs to have a box of the right size gloves on hand. I use them when I am preparing meat. If you deal in spray paint a lot, get a handle for your spray can to help you keep from getting paint all over your hands...and wear gloves.
    In the meantime, WD40 will remove spray paint.
    So will mineral spirits and gasoline, but make sure you use these 2 outside. Wash hands good after cleaning with chemicals.
  • Nancy Nancy on Dec 22, 2016
    Gloves work for all painting projects and makes answering the phone easier!
  • Beverly Campbell Beverly Campbell on Dec 22, 2016
    Next time you are at the doctors office ask them for a couple pair of their gloves. I buy them on line and use them for all painting projects. If I forget to put them on, I use unscented paint remover that you can get just about anywhere. If you are allergic, they do come in different materials. Hope this helps.
  • Kel12915509 Kel12915509 on Dec 22, 2016
    Sometimes a Brillo or SOS pad works great. The soap in the pad and the abrasive action of the pad itself has worked for me with almost every kind of paint I've ever used.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Dec 22, 2016
    I learned the hard way by scrubbing my hands every time I spray painted, so now I always remember to wear a pair of rubber gloves. I've used SOS pads, salt and baking soda, anything that's abrasive. You can get it off with pure acetone, but that is really hard on the hands.
  • Louise Adams Louise Adams on Dec 22, 2016
    I learned this trick from a professional painter. Rub plain old vegetable oil on your hands and the paint will come right off, then just wash your hands with warm soap and water and you're done. Works every time.
    • Fran Fran on Dec 23, 2016
      I use baby oil. Works great and your hands feel so soft.

• Rosanne Rosanne on Dec 22, 2016
    run your finger nails over a bar of soap and vaseline or oil on your hands
  • Sharon Gehrke Wolf Sharon Gehrke Wolf on Dec 23, 2016
    I use baby wipes, they work great.but the best is to wear gloves. I never remember to do that until after I get paint on myself lol.
  • Craftyshak Craftyshak on Dec 23, 2016
    PAINNER THINNER OR PAINT REMOVER... SAME THING YA USE IF YOU WERE USING A PAINT ON YOUR WALLS..I ALWAYS HAVE A CAN OF IT AROUND.. THEN WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP AN WATER......
  • Momlandrs Momlandrs on Dec 23, 2016
    If you don't have or use gloves, put lotion on your hands before spray painting. The oils will keep the paint on top of your skin and the paint should wash off easier.
  • Sha11738272 Sha11738272 on Dec 23, 2016
    I got spray paint on my brand new eyeglasses - was told to use non-acetone nail polish remover for that. But just a little. I use acetone anil polish remover to get the pain of my hands then wash your hands after. You don't have to go out side to use. I put some on a cotton ball or Q tip to use on hands.