3 Sisters Guild (growing Corn, Squash & Beans Together).

The 3 sister guild is a growing method adapted from the Native Americans that is seen frequently within the permaculture realm. It contains corn, winter (non-bush type) squash and pole beans. The pole beans climb up the corn stalks, anchoring the corn into the ground and aid in restoring nitrogen. Allowing the beans to climb the corn reduces the need to build a trellis. The trailing squash grows around the corn stalks, covering the soil which can help smother some of the weeds and making a good use of space. The spiny squash vines have the added benefit of keeping the corn safer from racoons.
Read the full review with lots of pictures & diagrams here: http://littlemountainhaven.blogspot.ca/2013/11/3-sisters-guild-review-in-northern.html

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Family Food Garden

• Elisa

Does it HAVE to be Pole Beans? I mean I understand the concept of not needing a trellis due to the beans using the corn stalk. I don't know if there is difference but I grew 3 bush beans next to 4 Strawberry Corn (for popcorn) and everything seems to be coming along nicely.

• Liz Prisk-Dulka

Does the beans add to much weight?

• Nancy Turner

I have done this before but had corn and cucumbers together and had no problem with either or problem harvesting the fruits of my labors. I didn't have room for either in my garden, so I ran the corn along the fence line and planted the cucumbers amongst them.