Pretty Crafty Girl
Pretty Crafty Girl
  • Houston, TX

DIY ROPE WRAPPED PLANTERS

The easiest planter update ever. I will used 3 plastic planters from the hardware store and wrapped it with a rope.
diy rope wrapped planters, gardening
Step 1: Pick a planter that you would like to use. I got these from a hardware store less than 3 bucks each. Now if you don't want to buy one you can also use any plastic containers such as soda bottles, cans or even plastic milk jug just cut off the handle part. You get the idea.
diy rope wrapped planters, gardening
Step 2: You will just start glueing the rope on the planter. I started from the bottom. I used a hot glue gun and I ended up using 5 glue sticks. You can wrap the planter all the way to the top. You can paint the planter to match your decor. You can also stencil an image on top of the rope. Really the possibilities are endless.
diy rope wrapped planters, gardening
Step 3: Put the plants in the planters. I did not remove the plants on it's original planter when I bought it. I just placed it inside. I also placed a small plastic bowl inside so the water will not drip if you plan on using these outside no need to do that.
Watch the short video if you like.

• Plastic Planters
  • Manila Rope
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Pretty Crafty Girl