Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus
  • Springfield, MO

DIY Headboard for Under $30

For the price tag, this is one of my favorite projects. It took about an hour and it was so cheap. The results are just amazing and I love the fact that I can change the look of the headboard later down the line. If I want to go with a different color then I can reupholster using a different fabric. If I want to add some bling, then I could always use nail heads or button tufts. The possibilities are endless. More details with the cost breakdown can be found on our blog. Here's how we did it:
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Our 30 DIY Headboard
Our $30 DIY Headboard.
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Before without headboard
Before: without headboard
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, We placed the foam side up facing each other so that we didn t have any indentions in the fabric
We placed the foam side up facing each other so that we didn't have any indentions in the fabric.
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, We stapled the foam around the plywood first and then repeated with the fabric
We stapled the foam around the plywood first and then repeated with the fabric.
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, We saved money by not having to use any hardware to attach the headboard to the wall It sits firmly on the ground between the wall and the bed frame
We saved money by not having to use any hardware to attach the headboard to the wall. It sits firmly on the ground between the wall and the bed frame.
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Closeup of the fabric
Closeup of the fabric.
diy headboard for under 30, bedroom ideas, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Completed headboard
Completed headboard.
Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus

• Bob

Where do you get the fabric?

• Katrina

What size piece of plywood did you use ?

i have a California King . Thanks K

• Maria

How did you measure the footing for the headboard

• Sherry Rogers

Yes, im going to. I have an extra foam already.

• Heje

Good inspiration for a "headless" bed. It sounds like an easy project for me to complete.