Tension Rod Shoe Storage

1 Material
$15

Shoe lover? I certainly am, but living in Brooklyn with limited space can sometimes cause chaos in the closet. An easy way to organize your shoes is with some tension rods! Tension rods are honestly a staple in organization these days and this hack is no exception. By simply installing some tension rods in your closet you can rest your shoes in an orderly fashion easily.

If you need to organize your entire closet, join our online workshop, where you'll learn all the techniques to make your closet a sanctuary :)

SUPPLIES: -Tension Rods (As many as needed...)

STEP 1: Take note of how terribly disorganized your closet is so that you can marvel at it when you are done. *This before picture is such a mess. This is also only some of my shoes hehe....

STEP 2: Take a tension rod and fit it to the sides of the closet. I got these tensions rods on Amazon and they worked beautifully. If you have some tension rods lying around your home (they're quite handy), you can just use those.

STEP 3: Take the tension rod out and pull out an extra inch from the size you measured in step 2. Twist the rod into a locked position so that it is nice and sturdy.

STEP 4: Place your tension rod in the closet close to the wall. Repeat steps 2-4 with as many rods as needed.

STEP 5: Now grab some shoes and start stacking them onto the rods. *Because most of my shoes have a nice chunky heel they are able to balance on one rod. If you have more delicate shoes they may have a tendency to fall through the back. If this is the case you can buy the thinner rods and double up. Basically you would place 2 small rods next to each other almost creating a shelf for the shoes to rest on. For heels you can do them slightly offset so the heel rests on the back rod and the toe on the front. For the shoes I was storing all I needed was the standard rods, but I may have to alter it for some of my other shoes.

STEP 6: Take a step back and revel at how much simpler your life just became.

As you can see the heftiness of my shoes made them capable of staying on one rod, but two would certainly give them more stability.

Now I have all this great floor space to store other things... like more shoes :)

I can actually see my options now! Got to love getting organized!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas

• Cat

Ugh! I need desperate help w my closet disaster! I was excited to go to your link!!

But, it says the page no longer exists!

is there a way to put it on messenger? I don’t need the videos, just the IDEAS would be helpful!

Thanks SO much!

cathy Wagner Reed franklin

• Heather

Can you share with me as well through messenger? I am under the same name!

• Tammy Gray Miller

How far from the back wall do u place the rod?

• Holly Donahue-Bannon

Ok so I tried this and I’m theory it does work. But it’s like a deck of cards. One little bump and they all come tumbling down. Any suggestions to make the shoes sit more stable?

• Eddaena Allen

Put another tie rod a couple of inches from the ones that you already installed

• Natalie

Cool idea! Outstanding!

• Karen

Cool and very helpful in old homes and apartments. Will be moving soon and this makes it easier. Thank you so much