Fred the Goldfish

Meet Fred. I fell in love with him the moment he scrolled across my Facebook feed of nature's beauties. Where or how I did not know, but I would find Fred a home.
Shortly after meeting Fred, I came across this desk at an online auction. It had a few gouges and dings across the top. Fred whispered "Hey! I could live there!" And so it came home with me. After a light sanding, I applied two coats of ReThunk Junk's Slate mineral paint tinted with Unicorn SPiT's Midnight's Blackness.
On the dried paint, I used the Side to Side Aurablast technique with Unicorn SPiT's Midnight's Blackness and Crow to create black water for Fred to swim in. You can't tell yet, but there is some magic in that Crow. It sparkles under the epoxy! Oh YES! I said sparkles.
I drew a simple sketch with my white charcoal pencil using Fred's picture as my guide.
I used a palette of Unicorn SPiT's White Ning, Pixie Punk Pink, Lemon Kiss, Onery Oriel and Finchi Fran. Those last two have more of the sparkle magic that I tried to capture with my camera later on this post.
Here is the desk before the epoxy goes down. Kinda flat and muted.
Close up of Fred.. BUT Wait! There's more!
I used the tried and true Famowood 2-part Epoxy. Following the directions from the package and spread it out across the desk top. This is where the magic happens!
Do you see it?? Whaaaa! I love this sparkle SPiT!
Da tah Dah! Please meet Fred the Goldfish! I think he looks pretty happy here.
Would you be able to work on this desk? To see this desk, and Fred, thru to completion like and follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DandelionWishesArt/#

• Unicorn SPiT  (www.unicornspit.com)
  • ReThunk Junk
  • Famowood Epoxy  (Lowe's)

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make

• Kay p.

May I ask why you named the fish "Fred"? "Fred" is a fine name. The fish just kind of seems more like a" Leai", or some tropical girls name. With all the fancy,frilly fantails. Just curious. But we like Fred,he's beautiful. Good job.

• P

Love, love, love it! What is the name of the stencil or where did you get the picture of the fish to draw it by?

• P

I found it under the other questions - thanks!

• Lisa Brown Pellegrino

Kari Ann, This is beautiful! I've bought the set of unicorn spit and it doesn't have Onery Oriel and Finchi Fran. In fact I have been searching the web and cane find those anywhere. Where did you get them? Even the Unicorn site doesn't make mention of them. Thank you! Great job!

• Georgia Cook Akin

I would have painted Fred on length wise. That way you would'nt have to cut his head off.

• Kaye

Having used epoxy on jewelry I can only state how impressed I am with your energy, talent and humor.

You are not just a DIY person you are a very talented artist.