"5 Items For Your Winter Home From ONE Thrift Store Sweater!" (Part 1)

$2

Buy 1 thrift store sweater or repurpose an old sweater of your own to make 5 ideas that are easy and will warm your home during the cold months! There will be 5 separate posts for this one project. Links to all projects will be at the bottom.

For our first project – a pillow cover!
Pick a pillow that you will insert into the sweater cover. I had this pillow on hand, it came from IKEA for $2.
Turn the sweater inside out and hot glue the bottom together, this will be the seam.
Turn the sweater right side out once the glue is cool.
Measure your pillow you’ll be inserting inside your pillow cover so you will know where to cut it next.
Cut the sweater across.
You can hot glue the new cut edges together if you are okay with leaving the pillow permanently in the sweater cover. I wanted to make my sweater cover removable so I decided to use Velcro that I purchased from Dollar Tree. Measure the amount of Velcro you will need on your sweater and cut it.
Hot glue “scratchy strip” of the Velcro to the outside of the front side of the sweater, and the soft strip of Velcro to the outside of the back side of the sweater. You can use self-adhesive Velcro if desired. There are also several colors of Velcro so you can find the color you like the best. High in side I maybe would have used black.
Insert the pillow, and flip the 2 sides of Velcro into each other and press together.
This will be the bottom of your pillow. If you don’t like seeing the Velcro, Turn the sweater inside out. Hot glue seams like you did in the first step. Next hot glue the Velcro to the on the inside of the sweater above the seams you just made. Turn your sweater right side out, put your pillow in, and press the Velcro together.
I was fascinated at how the color changes in the pillow with the different background color of the chair/couch.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg
Please join me for Hometalk’s Facebook Live Tuesday, Jan. 10th 2017 at 7pm EST!
In case you missed it, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/Hometalk/?fref=ts

• Sweater
  • Pillow or stuffing

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Carol
    Carol

old sweater sleeves make good sweaters for small dogs and hairless cats.

• Jeannie Carle
    Jeannie Carle

Again - great ideas! I do love this pillow - I have acquired some pillows I don't really care for the patterns on - how easy is this to make them look nicer, fit my colors, and be even cozier!