What is the white round electrical cord on the top right called? And

where can it be purchased? A guy in the lighting dept at Lowe's or Home Depot (don't recall which one) told me they didn't sell it. I was being creative and had my can-do-everything handyman re-doing a light fixture for me but then changed my mind and now want long cords. EVERYTHING in the world can be bought, so where do I find THIS? And not in 100 ft rolls. I only need maybe 10 or so feet.
q what is the white round electrical cord on the top right called and, electrical, home maintenance repairs, lighting
  9 answers
  • Lesa D Lesa D on Dec 01, 2013
    My hubby is an electrician and he thinks it is SO cord.
  • Lesa D Lesa D on Dec 01, 2013
    And should be available at Home Depot, Lowes or similar home improvement stores.
  • Louise Louise on Dec 01, 2013
    Thanks. I'll have a look.
  • Holly Phipps Holly Phipps on Dec 01, 2013
    Medium base socket cord pendant assembly. Can be found at destinationlighting.com
  • LandlightS LandlightS on Dec 01, 2013
    you should be able to buy white 16g so cord qt at your local Ace Hardware. If you still have trouble, try a local lighting store,,,,,such as Lux Lighting on State Bridge and Kimball Bridge Rd or Sharon Lighting on Alpharetta Highway in Roswell. If you still have trouble, let me know Happy Lighting....Gary
  • SJ Cord. It is simply round wire that you normally find on an extension cord. Only white. You can find this in black all over the place. Landlights calls it SO cord, never heard of it called that. In any case, the box stores will not have this in white so try the suggestions he told you about.
  • You should be able to find this cord in white at a local lighting or hardware store. SJ cord is a standard pendant or portable cord. SO is an oil resistant type of SJ cord and is a bit thicker. The size should be imprinted or embossed on the covering of the cord you already have. Usually 16/3 or maybe 18/3. These cords have many letter codes so don't be put off if there are more letters in the list; SJO, SJOOW, SOW etc, they will all work. Just make sure it's the right thickness for your application.
  • LandlightS LandlightS on Dec 02, 2013
    I'm sorry. I am so use to using SO cord outside, that is the first thought I had. SJ cord is what you are after and still try the lighting stores I suggested above. They both repair light fixtures and have White SJ cord. Gary
  • Retro Steam Works Retro Steam Works on Dec 16, 2013
    It is also known as SVT cable, actually it can be confused with all of the above. I found this,: http://www.grandbrass.com/ShowItem.cfm?ItemNumber=WISVTPOW&session.currentcategory=Wire&session.currentsubcategory=On%20the%20Roll%20or%20Loose The only thing is that it is fabric covered and although it is not UL listed it can be used with no issues.
Your comment...