My Little Bathroom Makeover for $50

So we moved into our home and I hated the guest bathroom it was painted so many different dark colors. But with the expense of moving and other areas needing redone I only had about $50 to make this work.

This is the before

I taped everything off because I was going to....wait for it...spray paint my countertops.

I sanded the old countertops which were discolored and yellow in spots. I then wiped clean and then wiped again!

I used stone spray paint by rustoleum. Start with one light coat first. Make sure you shake that can!

After second and light third coat.

I then sealed it with this... 3 coats. Now it does not make the surface smooth but it does seal it nice and makes the counters clean up nicely. It definitely does not leave a rough finish.

Cabinets and framing the mirror next. Painted the cabinets with white chalk paint, less prep involved. I did remove the doors and drawers. The middle ones you see here are fake drawers. Wipe everything with TSP before painting.

All done. I sealed the cabinets with water based varathane, 2 coats and distressed my cabinets.

Finished vanity

I added these Goodwill find lights ($3) and painted the walls a soft sea foam green and grey in certain areas. Paint left from previous owner.

This is above the toilet, walls are grey. This cute little light fixture was in a throw away box on a curb of stuff I had picked up a while back, it was a dark brown trim. I taped all the glass off and painted the trim silver. The light before was just a plain some light.

Before and after.

Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try

• Diane
    Diane

Fabulous! I’m tempted.

• Melissa
    Melissa

The countertop paint job DOES NOT WORK! It looked so beautiful, but the second we ran water in the sink, it bubbled up & separated from the sink. We followed your directions precisely. I think that you have your polyurethane’s turned around. The one for the cabinets should’ve been used for the sink I’m afraid. We had to completely rip out the sink AGAIN & spend $250 more to replace it.