My Little Bathroom Makeover for $50

So we moved into our home and I hated the guest bathroom it was painted so many different dark colors. But with the expense of moving and other areas needing redone I only had about $50 to make this work.

This is the before

I taped everything off because I was going to....wait for it...spray paint my countertops.

I sanded the old countertops which were discolored and yellow in spots. I then wiped clean and then wiped again!

I used stone spray paint by rustoleum. Start with one light coat first. Make sure you shake that can!

After second and light third coat.

I then sealed it with this... 3 coats. Now it does not make the surface smooth but it does seal it nice and makes the counters clean up nicely. It definitely does not leave a rough finish.

Cabinets and framing the mirror next. Painted the cabinets with white chalk paint, less prep involved. I did remove the doors and drawers. The middle ones you see here are fake drawers. Wipe everything with TSP before painting.

All done. I sealed the cabinets with water based varathane, 2 coats and distressed my cabinets.

Finished vanity

I added these Goodwill find lights ($3) and painted the walls a soft sea foam green and grey in certain areas. Paint left from previous owner.

This is above the toilet, walls are grey. This cute little light fixture was in a throw away box on a curb of stuff I had picked up a while back, it was a dark brown trim. I taped all the glass off and painted the trim silver. The light before was just a plain some light.

Before and after.

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Karen

What is TSP? What you cleaned with.

• Shelby McKay

How rough was the surface after you clear coated it?

• Charlene Cole Obara

Did using a spray paint inside cause you any problems?

• Jessica

It can. Be smart about over spray and ventilation. Wear a mask and goggles if needed. Over spray will go places you didn't think. It's coverage is awesome and the durability is solid. I spray painted my bathroom vanity and spray paint sealed it as well. Perfect and tougher on a busy house hold.

• Mimi

WOW! What a difference!! You really are clever at using your resources and seeing potential in projects. Thank you for sharing!

• Linda
    31 minutes ago

You are hired!