Beaded Glass Mirror

After my mirror mosaic and many changes in my master bath I wanted something just as different in my other bathroom. I had a large builder's grade mirror and this time I glued glass beads from the Dollar Store directly to the mirror.
Why not do something different to my other blah bath...
My nasty boring other bathroom. As you can see I was living in a state of turmoil. Not enough space to store my items under the vanity so most everything stayed on the vanity or on the floor...Imagine a 4 door vanity to a 2 door.. it was awful...
I started by painting the walls from the boring blue that was existing. I didn't quite like the shade so I added more colors until I had a shade of blue I liked.
Once painted I wanted a little spark so I had some tubes of glitter translucent and blue from the dollar store so I just blew them on the wet paint. I loved the look but wanted something more and god knows I couldn't reach everywhere by blowing glitter out of my hand. I purchased Sargent Art Acrylic Glitter Glaze and rolled onto the walls.
Then one by one I started adding glass beads to the mirror. At $2 a bag you can't beat it. I used 5 bags picking out the ones I liked. I found that Lotite clear silicone worked great for me.
So starting in the corner at the bottom I went all the way across then went up row by row. I inserted some silver ribbon cord which I glued on.
The entire mirror took about 3 days. In between work and life..
I painted and primed the existing vanity and sprinkled glitter on top of wet paint. Once dry I applied 2 coats of polyurethane.
Same to the floor. Scrubbed, primed 1 coat. One coat of white latex paint. I sprinkled glitter on the still wet paint and let dry. Once dry I applied 2 coats of polyurethane.
Tip... sweep, sweep, sweep before painting and adding glitter. I can't tell you how many stray hairs I found from my furry children that no matter how much I scrubbed I missed. Which meant I had to pick them out with tweezers after the fact.
Old drawers from a old cabinet. Everything came from a thrift store. Washed and slapped on a coat of paint.
Everything has withstood a house full of people and my young visiting daughter home from college. Yay!!

• Minwax Oil based polyurethane  (Home Depot)
  • Latex Paint  (Home Depot, Ace Hardware)
  • Glitter  (Dollar Store and Michaels)

23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Memorial Day Crafts

• Cheri Reichart

Wow! I love it. The back splash and the cat! You have made me rethink what I am going to do in my kitchen. Thank you!

• Sharron Christie

I spray painted a border around our bathroom mirror to cover areas where the silver was flaking. Looks good but the bead idea is even better to enhance it. A plus for me, the paint will be a perfect background for the glass beads. Thanks so much for sharing! (Loctite works really well.)