Paint Storage Shelf

$20.00
1 Day

I used an old retail display shelf that we were storing our DVD's on and turned it into the perfect paint storage shelf for my craft room. A little paint goes a long way!
When I made a new TV stand we were able to fit our DVD's into the drawers and remove this horrible shelf from our house.
This is how it looked before. We removed the purple sides and Jeff cut off the long pieces of metal sticking out the back at the bottom and in the middle.
I cleaned it good then used aluminum color spray paint. I like the metal look. It looks more industrial now.
Then we used pieces of wood for the shelving. I painted them with a latex paint mixed with water to create more of a stain look, then added a nice layer of Daddy Van's Wax. This made the shelves smooth and "dustable". I love this product.
After that was done Jeff hung it up on the wall with some hooks.
Then I was able to load it up with all of my pretty paints and I added a decorative can for my brushes.
I love it! The paints aren't all over the place anymore and I can see exactly what I have. Plus I have room to add more!
If you like this project you may like many of my others as well. You can sign up for my email/newsletter so you don't miss a post.

• Retail shelving unit  (A store that was going out of business)
  • Wood pieces  (Menards)
  • Daddy Van's Wax  (Old Fashioned Milk Paint Co.)

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Michelle James