DIY Folding Display for Craft Shows and Markets

I participated in two vintage markets in 2016 and needed a place where I could hang things for buyers to see. I wanted something portable, inexpensive, and something that would let me hang something in multiple spots. A trip to Lowe's lumber department gave me an idea, I made a portable display using a privacy fence section.
diy folding display for craft shows and markets, crafts
The wall folding in half and has removable pieces on the ends that allow it to be free standing. I can pound small nails into the boards to hang things and when the show is over, the nails are easily removed.
One fence section is a great size for a display but it is too big to store or transport. We had a worker at Lowe's cut the fence section in half. We then strapped the two sections to our Explorer and headed home to make the folding display.
The two fence pieces were lined up and screwed together using 3 (4") galvanized hinges. Now the fence will fold for easy storage and for transport.
We wanted the fence to be free standing, so we devised braces to use on the sides of the fence. We cut two triangles from scrap 1/2” plywood, and utilized scrap 2×4’s to hold the fence vertically. The triangle’s base measures 34” and its height measures 17”. The bottom 2×4 piece is 7” and the top on 5 3/4”. Click on over to my blog post to see exactly how we made the braces. The link is at the bottom of this post.
Here's a side view of the display. I've only used this for outdoor shows and for safety's sake, tied the display to a tree to make sure the wind didn't blow it over. If used indoors against a wall, the display wouldn't need extra support.
SweetPea Paula

• Sylven Roberts

set them at a 45 to each other and you have 2 signs you can read from both ways.

• Monette Clarke

How big is each piece?

• Min Meinir Lewis

I must see if you can buy that size in Uk perfect for renewing my fence I need at top of garden

• Mary

Do you think this set up would hold item that weight about 8 to 10 pounds? I make mirrors with driftwood attached and have trouble displaying them at shows. They take up a lot of room set up on a mini easel on a table.

• SweetPea Paula

It would hold an 8 - 10 pound item. Just make sure that you have the display anchored to something. I was outside, so I used a tree to anchor it in place. The wind COULD knock this display over if it isn't anchored, so if you are outside, take this precaution.