Asked on Jan 2, 2017

Help! My dishwasher is not cleaning the coffee mugs!

Sha5777091RymeaKaren
+12

My dishwasher is not cleaning the tea or coffee cups. I have tried different types of pods by Cascade. I also use Finish liquid. Please let me know what is best to clean coffee mugs.
    Janet Pizaro

try soaking them overnight with white vinegar and baking soda.
  • Gail
    Gail

Put a tablespoon of bleach in a dishpan or bowl with hot soapy water for two minutes, and coffee stains are gone! Really !
  • Gail
    Gail

(after you put the cups in the water) lol.

• Pj
    Pj

Try cleaning out dishwasher running hottest water with white vinegar
  • Pj
    Pj

empty rack check for any misc stuff blocking jets pour vinegar in bottom close and run.....I found small plastic lid blocking mine
  • Mar12004966
    Mar12004966

the water jets can clog. Rails pop off quite easily. Rinse through will running water from tap, and. Pick out any clogging with tooth pick. clean both jet rails this way and when replaced set machine on an empty rinse cycle. If this does not work you may find the glaze on your mugs has worn through. This often happens with older pieces where base and sides meet and about an inch from the top And they have had lots of hand washing.
  • Sal3170064
    Sal3170064

Best cleaning tabs are fairy platinum . I drink strong coffee no stain. Use China mugs but shallow ones.

• Anon
    Anon

Easy peasy! Put some baking soda in a small cup, such as a custard cup...anything smallish. Wet the inside of the cup to be cleaned under the faucet (but leave it
    empty).
    Wet your finger. Dip finger in baking soda...Rub inside of cup with finger.
    That is IT! Rinse out your cup and it is sparkling. I do this all the time.
  • Kj
    Kj

I drink A LOT of tea. When I can't hand wash the stains, I use denture tablets and super hot water. Let it bubble for 10 minutes or so, dump, give it a quick go 'round with the sponge, and rinse. They come out sparkling every time . I would say I do it once every six weeks or so. I also do this with lead crystal that has a little haze to it.
  • Karen
    Karen

I use Magic Eraser to clean hard things like that. Works really good and fat.
  • Rymea
    Rymea

I spray Clorox Clean up on coffee stains on my white coffee mugs. The stains disappear on a few seconds. That stuff will clean almost anything.

• Sha5777091
    Sha5777091

Thanks I never thought of using it for the mugs. I will try it .