DIY Dresser Makeover Using Stencils

4 materials
Makeover Time! I was super excited to update my childhood dresser. I have had this dresser for at least 20 years. So, it was definitely time for a change using Indian Inlay stencils!
After having this dresser for a number of years, I thought it would be a good idea to give it a fresh look!
Next, I found some inspiration and decided to use Indian Inlay stencils because of the beautiful detail and elegant appearance.
Before I got started, I opened several windows for ventilation since the fumes from the Zinsser Oil-Based primer were quite strong. I applied two coats of the oil based primer and I let dry for 48 hours. Then I chose a charcoal gray satin paint as the base color.
After all the paint was dry, it was time for the stencil….deep breath. 10 minutes into the project, I knew this was going to be a challenge. I carefully laid out how I wanted the pattern to appear. I quickly learned to apply just a small amount of paint to the brush. 2 weeks and a bottle of wine later the stencil work was done! Here's the final result:

• Indian Inlay Stencils by Kim Miles   (Cutting Edge Stencils)
  • Zinsser Oil-Based Primer & Satin Paint   (Home Depot)
  • Stencil Brushes   (Micheals)

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 64 comments
Next