Kim
Kim
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Racine, WI

Casual and Cute Blue-Jean Coasters

$0

These no-sew coasters are Free and Easy, and get lots of compliments. Kids could easily make sets of these to give as gifts. I have even sold these in craft fairs for charity.
casual and cute blue jean coasters
Everyone has old jeans to discard or donate.
casual and cute blue jean coasters
Start by cutting around the pocket with a border of 1/8 to 1/4 inch. No sewing, just raw edges.
casual and cute blue jean coasters
Wash your pockets in the washer and dry 'em in the dryer. This will fray the edges.
casual and cute blue jean coasters
See? Nicely frayed. You might need to trim longer strands after they are dry.
casual and cute blue jean coasters
Cut a piece from the flat side of an empty milk jug to fit inside your pocket. I wash the cut-out after...it's easier. But if this grosses you out, you could wash out your jug first, of course.
casual and cute blue jean coasters
Slip the plastic into the pocket to make it water-proof, and you're done!
casual and cute blue jean coasters
Cute and Casual Coasters. All made from cast-offs. Really, everyone compliments these all the time.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 12, 2018 11:35 PM - More info

• MsCaliLady

No question. But an 8 yr old could follow your simple, easy instructions. I love this idea! Thanks for posting.

You could embroider a simple little outline of a flower or design to lighten the denim and maybe match a color scheme.

• Janice

These would be super cute to use to hold your individual place setting for your silver ware and a napkin at an outdoor barbeque, too!

• Cho8433185

Very good wow MASHAALLAH means may GOD bless you for this simple but brilliant idea

• Sandy

Do you glue or sew the top end of the pocket so the plastic piece does not come out, sorry if I missed it.

• ShelbyNeen

Bravo on a simple and great idea. I love it.

I won't tell you how to change or improve anything. The beauty of this project is that it is simple. Use as coaster. Jean fabric gets wet, wash, dry and use again. No frills needed.