Samantha
Samantha
  • South Africa

From an "old" Bathroom Cabinet to a Vintage Cabinet

1 Material

After replacing the bathroom blinds with curtains (previous post), this bathroom cabinet looked very outdated and out of place so I decided to redo it.
from an old bathroom cabinet to a vintage cabinet, bathroom ideas, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design
It's not made from a wood I would regret painting, so decided that was my best option. I put Masking tape around the mirrors edges and cleaned the cabinet with sugar soap..
I decided on a, vintage look and chose my colors. I used Chalk paint, the colors Provence and white. I used the Provence as the undercoat and then when the paint was dry I painted white over it. I used vinegar to rub off where I wanted the warn look.
This is off cuts from my Curtain material, so I made bunting from that and old dollies I had. This rounded the cupboard off. I love the antique look it finished off with.
I think it's lightened the bathroom and matches beautifully. Very happy with the end result of this project

• Chalk paint, Chalk paint sealer, off cut material and doillies

• Teresa

I love your cabinet, it looks wonderful! Kudos on a marvellous save!

• Samantha

Hello Teresa. Thank you, I was quite chuffed with the end resul😃

• Hillela G.

I love the doilies on there! perfect touch!