Repurposing Old Drawers

My original idea was to put these Repurposing drawers up as shelves in a bare spot outside the bathroom. And so I started my project....
I cleaned the drawers and gave them a light sand as the one drawer had lacquer on it.
I chose this off cut material for the backing and 2 contrasting pink Chalk paints. I used the darker one for the under and the lighter pink as the top coat.
I measured the back and cut the material to fit. I glued it in with gel medium. I used vinegar to rub down where I wanted the darker pink to show.
When finished with the project I realised the pink was too much of a contrast for the blue and Grey bathroom. So decided to use them as shelves in my mum in laws room for her CD's and books. Although I didn't use it for the original idea, I like it in its new position.

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!

• Ma theresa

do you have any idea how to so a costume for a children"s story the ant and the grasahopper?

• 62q10370829

The ant & grasshopper question. Paint them in green & tan look for scrape book paper in that subject to glue on back of drawer or look on google to see if you can find a print. Good luck.
  • Socrgram

The front of the drawe are thicker and higher than the other three sides. How did you compensate?
  • Carol

nice work. i really like the two pinks. can you give me the names of these two colors. thanks,, carolann