DIY Chalkboard Calendar Window

If you're a thrifter like me, you have to always see these random windows and never know what todo with them! I recently found one and decided now that it is the first of the year, we need to create a fun window calendar that will act as a great command center.
Gather your supplies for this fun project! Everything is fairly easy to find, if you already have a large window that is DIY ready.
Step 1 : Paint your window with Americana Decor Chalky Finish Everlasting and tape off to paint with your Americana Glass Chalkboard paint.
Step 2 : Paint your window glass with Americana Glass Chalkboard paint.
Step 3 : Stencil the first letter of the days of the week onto the corners of each window. Use a pouncer to paint the letters in with Americana Multi-Surface Satin in Cotton Ball.
Step 4 : Remove stencils and let dry.
Step 5 : Condition the chalkboard.
Step 6 : Add hanging hardware to the back and enjoy!
What did you think of this DIY? We love how this turned out and we would love if you would checkout our blog post to see more finished photos!
What did you think of this DIY? We hope you enjoyed and if you would like to see more finished photos, check out our blog post link below.

Tanner Bell

• Animallvr

First of all...love the idea!!! Though I do have a question: The original window shows "6" spaces and in the final picture shows "8" spaces- did you do something with the trim between or is it a different window? Unless I missed something in the process:(

• Pooh66

Going to do this....stencil or free hand in days of week onto plain glass. Use dry erase pens to add events etc. May use different color for different things (ie: Dr appt-red; PTA meeting-blue) or different color for different person.

• Robin Thompson

what is the purpose of conditioning with the chalk?

• Missy Capone

What do you write with? Chalk is too fat

• Sandra Ross Warren

Wish we could see more than just a little section. Stand back so we can get the full impact!

• Rory McBean

I made something similar with a six-pane old window. The old paint color was perfect and had a nice patina. I cut two different types of fabric from my mom's stash (I made the calendar for her.), and used white glue to adhere the fabric to the back-inside of each plan. Dry erase markers work really well on the glass for writing the days and dates, and activities for the different days. I split the last pane (lower right) with a diagonal line and used one side for Saturday and the other for Sunday. It works great to let my mom, who has dementia, know what's happening.