Entry Way Closet Redo

$100.00
1 Day

We built this house in1992. The front closet never really worked . So after several failed attempts using closet organizer and still having coats on the kitchen chairs . I said that it I'm tearing it out. The doors were never closed , so why keep them.
I removed the bifold doors and will save them for another project. The headboard was from a client that was downsizing . I raised it up several boards till I got it where I wanted it . I was doing this on my own and the headboard is solid wood. I located wall studs and screwed it directly to the wall.
I found this coffee table at goodwill and new it would make a great bench
I purchased the valance that matched the curtains in the room to hide the shelf , painted the headboard and added the coat hooks
I painted the coffee table with leftover chalk paint and covered the coffee table , now bench with coordinated Waverly fabric.
There was space on both sides so I used the extra fabric to cover 2 small folding tables I already had
Here is the finished product.
This is the headboard mounted on the wall with screws . This was tricky cause I did it by myself .
This is the coffee table I found at goodwill . Fits perfect.
I painted the head board and hung the valance that matches the curtains in the living room to hide the shelf. On the left hand side is the coffee table being painted.
I covered the coffee table [now bench] with coordinating fabric from Walmart .
I tucked in some padding and fabric to back of the bench
There was room on both sides so I covered 2 small folding tables with extra fabric and they fit right in.
Put extra hooks on the side for hats

• Noele Edwards

Is the coffee table / bench intended for placing items or for adult humans to sit on it when removing boots?
  • Catnip4me2

Think I'd also add one of those pebble style boot trays under the bench as I love using all the space available. It looks like you kept the wire racks at the top. If so, what did you use them for? Bins? Catchalls? I need space for few pairs of rubber and winter boots. And suggestions? Maybe line the storage bench and use that? You may have mentioned in the post but now that I'm in the "question section," I cannot go back and see it, but if you don't mind me asking, what was your bottom line cost for the renovations? Thanks for the great idea, I was inspired. Now I just need the motivation 🤣

• Catnip4me2