Cleaning Green Recipes And Wood Flooring

A friend called me last night to ask about the newest recipe she had read for wood flooring. Lemon juice, vinegar, lemon oil and water. My frustration is because the manufactories don't give clear directions. When we installed flooring for my mother the first thing I grabbed were the cleaning guidelines. They only guideline was to use a cleaner that we had a very hard time finding. Bona didn't work on her flooring it streaked it because they are exotic. So what do you do if you don't know?
The recipe above will damage your flooring in so many different ways. Vinegar and lemon juice will etch polyurethane any liquid like vinegar and lemon juice which both are acidic when coming in contact with oak will react with the tannin causing it to darken quickly.
So simple green cleaning is no more than a spray bottle of water and a microfiber mop. Spray the mop with water and mop and dry.
Supper sticky and dirty?
A bucket, micro fiber mop, PH Balanced dish soap a drop or two. A gallon of water. I soak the micro fiber mops. And then I squeeze out all the water. And let them set. I squeeze them out again I don't want to soak the floor with water. I mop and then dry with a dry micro fiber mop. I work in small sections.
No exotic recipes. Keep it simple. No measuring and making something I know it will damage something so beautiful.
To find your cleaning guidelines for your flooring
Do a internet search. Armstrong wood flooring cleaning guidelines. You can insert the name of your flooring to find the correct guidelines.
Damaged with vinegar. A picture is worth it's weight in gold.
PH Balanced Dish Soap
PH Balanced Dish Soap
Cleaning without damaging!

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 29 comments
Next