DIY Organization Station: Backpack Station

This is the year you are going to get organized! I tell myself that every year, and every year I take steps to get one step closer to that perfect organizational life. This organization station can be personalized for any family and it is easy enough for the first time DIYer! Really!
There are 4 pieces to this station. For the complete tutorial of all 4 pieces follow the link below. All of the pieces are made to mix and match!
For these pieces I used Purebond stain grade Maple plywood and Iron on veneer edging.
Cut your purebond back board and trim pieces to size. My cut list:
2’ x 4’ ¾” Purebond Stain-grade Maple Plywood
1” x 3” Maple Trim boards cut to the following sizes:
(2) boards at 48″
(3) boards at 19″
You may want to adjust yours to fit the size of you space and file folders.
Apply the iron on veneer by following the instructions HERE.
Stain all you pieces of wood. I used minwax espresso stain. I am in love with this color! Allow to dry per stain instructions and clear coat them with a fast-drying polyurethane. Once the boards are completely dry it is time to attach the trim boards to the back board.
Nail the longer trim boards to the top and bottom. Then the 3 short boards to the sides and middle.
Pre drill holes for the back pack knobs and to attach your file folder. Hang the file folder and knobs in the pre drilled holes.
Now all that is left is to hang your backpack station to the wall and get your kids into the habit of placing their school papers in the folder and hanging up their back packs and lunch boxes! Doesn't that sound like heaven!
To see the full tutorial and the rest of the projects in the organization station follow the link below! Pick and choose the pieces that work for your families needs!

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Everything Red For Canada Day
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Diva of DIY