Carrie MakingLemonade
Carrie MakingLemonade
  • Blue Bell, PA

DIY Holiday Decor - Glittered Pinecones

Nature inspired decor can be found all over my home, and I’m sure many of you agree that organic elements make interiors feel extra warm and inviting. Mother Nature does things so beautifully, there’s often no need to compete with her.
But sometimes? Sometimes your pinecones need glitter. LOTS of glitter.
Place them on your mantel, in your tree, in wreaths… heck, what can’t you do with your pinecones?
I also used these glittered pinecones as a backdrop for my Fairy Light Jars, too! (see post for tutorial!)
Now for the "how-to". As much as I love nature, I don’t want my house crawling with it.  Into the oven at 225 degrees for 15 minutes for these bad boys.  Just be sure to line the pan with foil or you’ll have sap covered cookie sheets.
Now for the "how-to". As much as I love nature, I don’t want my house crawling with it. Into the oven at 225 degrees for 15 minutes for these bad boys. Just be sure to line the pan with foil or you’ll have sap covered cookie sheets.
Elmer’s spray adhesive works well for this project. Place the pinecones inside a cardboard box and spray from all angles. Wearing latex gloves will be helpful - they get super sticky.
I used two types of glitter for two different looks.  And oh how I’m in love with the microbead glitter.  But the other stuff wasn’t too shabby either.  You really can’t go wrong, it’s glitter!
I used two types of glitter for two different looks. And oh how I’m in love with the microbead glitter. But the other stuff wasn’t too shabby either. You really can’t go wrong, it’s glitter!
Put the pinecone in a plastic ziploc bag filled with glitter.  Shake it a bunch so the glitter gets into all the crevices.
Put the pinecone in a plastic ziploc bag filled with glitter. Shake it a bunch so the glitter gets into all the crevices.
So, what do you do with all your glittery pinecones? Place them in bowls, or...
In a cloche... anywhere your heart desires!

Carrie MakingLemonade

• Katrina

Such creative ideal an use for the pine cones

• Kaaren Armstrong

I painted the pine cones before putting the glitter on. Gives it a totally different look. Either way is nice, just different.